Discuss WEG Direct online starter HELP!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

If the contactor & overload are pre-wired and there are no additional external controls, all you'll have to do is connect the supply and load bits.

if you need to add start buttons, you connect them in paralell with the start button on the front of the unit. If you need to add e-stop buttons you connect them in series.

Ok well we need to start at the start.

Do you have the correct starter for your application??? there are different types for different applications.

Also are the contactor & overload correctly sized???

As far as I know everything is correct and wired correctly all I am stuck on is actually fitting the starter.

The motor was already fitted and i was told what cables to use by an installer,he just left me to fit the start stop button. . .which i cant do. . .

The unit says it is prewired although you might have to put the right overload in to suit motor,did you buy the unit ? or all supplied and you just fit ?
So from Diagram ,R in is neutral connection and S is line(live)
to motor F is neutral and N is live.You have to link between 2 and 3 so all contacts on the contactor are used.
Connections for overload would be straight forward as a majority of starters even have preformed wire so you can figure it out ,but the diagram is straightforward.
If unit was supplied to you please just verify it was specified correctly.
Good luck.

If you know nothing about starters this might be a job you should get assistance with. There's a hell of a lot of variables which would effect the wiring of the DOL starter such as ;
Is the motor to be run in Delte or Y and does it require a neutral or not? Edit, Sorry you said single phase.
Does the motor have a thermal cutout (thermistor or klixon) on the windings?
Is there remote start buttons or switches?
Is there an emergency stop unit?

You also need to set the thermal overload as part of the commissioning process. If there's a problem with your wiring it could cost you a motor.

Last edited:

Reply to WEG Direct online starter HELP!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net