Discuss Wetpants Trashed My Van in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Theyll write that off surely? Its either A cut out the crumple and weld a peice in and fill and spray the whole side, or replace the whole side panel from front to back, either option is probably gonna cost more than a third of the value of the van and thats the cut off before writing off isnt it?

Whatever the outcome, that is what insurance is for...by which I mean "deferred payment" obviously, because they will always recover from you in higher premiums...
However, JK, my sympathies...it's always a bummer when your vehicle gets damaged, and you always end up out of pocket, no matter what. Such a shame...idiots on the road! and a plu...well, one of them, anyway...even worse!
Insurance is just a game, never forget that.
I know there's another thread about cyclists, but I can't be bothered...
make them have compulsory insurance too!
Hope you get it fixed ok, JK...and don't let your insurers dictate the bodyshop either...they have no right to do so.
I could go on...................
thankfully, I won't!

Just to lighten the subject, I had a motoring accident a couple of years back, in a Tesco car park. I had carefully parked miles from anyone else, and had an easy, shallow reverse into the "out" lane.
I reversed, slowly, and... CRASH!
Now, I know he hadn't come from in front of me, in the sun, indeed he had driven across the spaces and came at me from an angle from behind (!) and the photos I took clearly showed he was straddling the white line...insurers said it was my fault, as I was reversing! No argument, no review, my fault!
Anyway, the other guy went totally nuts! Shouting and waving his fists etc. My car had a dented rear bumper, his was wrecked...gashed from front to rear, and subsequently written off! In a car park incident? At 5 mph? Anyway, I digress...
I waited for him to calm down, then when he was less agitated he told me this was most inconvenient cos it was his wife's car and she was starting a new job tomorrow and what was she going to say???
He phoned her, to come and collect him, and the 2 kids, and she obviously gave him grief because he started ranting again, almost to the point where I thought he was going to deck me.
We had already exchanged names and adresses etc but I hadn't looked at the details thus far...however, as he went off on one I looked at his scribblings, just as his wife drove up...

Name: Michael Crawford

He said, "this is my wife"
I said "Mmmm...Betty?"

"no, Sharon!"

Probably just as well, really...

Maybe the younger ones on here won't get this.

Apart from that, it took me 2 months to get a satisfactory result from my insurers, after the bodyshop they insisted on broke my car twice...

Then I got a court summons, because the aggrieved owner of the other car wasn't happy with her settlement...

Oh, it went on for ever!

Net result, I was declined by my insurers at the next renewal, so I went elsewhere, and the premium was £690.
Next year, the premium was £330...why? Because the company I was now with had been taken over by the company I was with before, and they had "re-aligned their risk strategy", so now I was a preferred customer...
SHEESH!

Just to lighten the subject, I had a motoring accident a couple of years back, in a Tesco car park. I had carefully parked miles from anyone else, and had an easy, shallow reverse into the "out" lane.
I reversed, slowly, and... CRASH!
Now, I know he hadn't come from in front of me, in the sun, indeed he had driven across the spaces and came at me from an angle from behind (!) and the photos I took clearly showed he was straddling the white line...insurers said it was my fault, as I was reversing! No argument, no review, my fault!
Anyway, the other guy went totally nuts! Shouting and waving his fists etc. My car had a dented rear bumper, his was wrecked...gashed from front to rear, and subsequently written off! In a car park incident? At 5 mph? Anyway, I digress...
I waited for him to calm down, then when he was less agitated he told me this was most inconvenient cos it was his wife's car and she was starting a new job tomorrow and what was she going to say???
He phoned her, to come and collect him, and the 2 kids, and she obviously gave him grief because he started ranting again, almost to the point where I thought he was going to deck me.
We had already exchanged names and adresses etc but I hadn't looked at the details thus far...however, as he went off on one I looked at his scribblings, just as his wife drove up...

Name: Michael Crawford

He said, "this is my wife"
I said "Mmmm...Betty?"

"no, Sharon!"

Probably just as well, really...

Maybe the younger ones on here won't get this.

Apart from that, it took me 2 months to get a satisfactory result from my insurers, after the bodyshop they insisted on broke my car twice...

Then I got a court summons, because the aggrieved owner of the other car wasn't happy with her settlement...

Oh, it went on for ever!

Net result, I was declined by my insurers at the next renewal, so I went elsewhere, and the premium was £690.
Next year, the premium was £330...why? Because the company I was now with had been taken over by the company I was with before, and they had "re-aligned their risk strategy", so now I was a preferred customer...
SHEESH!
How could he not have seen you........

https://i.Upload the image directly to the thread.com/Q9EFNko.jpg

Told you so..........

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 11.58.44.png

Because I am paranoid and have a bit of OCD I have a 4 channel CCTV system in my van (front, back and 2 sides) which runs off an inverter and a leisure battery.

It even records when the van is parked up.

Because I am paranoid and have a bit of OCD I have a 4 channel CCTV system in my van (front, back and 2 sides) which runs off an inverter and a leisure battery.

It even records when the van is parked up.
Makes sense; just remembered My Nissan NV200 is supposed to have a dash cam. Agreed the discount and forgot to fit one. That Sunday's entertainment taken care of :(

20 quid for a NV200! You must have bought mine ;)
Seriously I will probably stretch to an HD for 60 quid ish. Useful for capturing moving number plates but you're right - can't beat a bit of on-line shopping.

20 quid for a NV200! You must have bought mine ;)
Seriously I will probably stretch to an HD for 60 quid ish. Useful for capturing moving number plates but you're right - can't beat a bit of on-line shopping.
i like to have a look on aliexpress.com every now and then. It amazes me the random stuff and often crap you get on there. as long as you dont mind waiting 2 weeks for delivery you can get some good bargains.

Reply to Wetpants Trashed My Van in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net