Discuss What Did You Start Off As? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Cheeky sod, that was my older days, rarely dress up now be it rock, punk or goth, our lass is just normal lass with normal clothes, most venues I frequented have since shut down so even I rarely attire in the gear, occasionally for Whitby Goth Weekend when I can that is. :mevil:

Left school at 16 and did 3 months as an apprentice toolmaker.
I'd rather have done 3 moths in Borstal.
A local Electrical company was looking for a youngster to train up so I applied.
I spent the first few weeks chopping back boxes into engineering bricks at the required height.
Worse than that was drilling the fixing holes into the brick with a Rawlpugging Tool.
Once they realised I was staying they sent me to school for book learning.
I loved it!
Still do.

No way! I am from Drighlington I went to Bruntcliffe High and spent many a day down at showcase and the Pizza Hut when it opened!

When it comes to jobs I'm not an electrician obviously but I have been working in housing for the past 11 years. I didn't intend to I started off working at Leeds airport which I loved but then I moved to stoke so I had to leave! Got a job in a call centre before ending up in housing!

Erm....you moved to....STOKE?

I went to Stoke...once

It left a .....'lasting' impression...

Erm....you moved to....STOKE?

I went to Stoke...once

It left a .....'lasting' impression...

Well yeah there were a few reasons why I did at the time and I just didn't go back to Leeds!

We live in Newcastle-under-Lyme now (better than Stoke haha)

Didnt do well at school, didnt even pass subjects i should of, ART and IT
so dragged in to college, showing up my tutor in computer programming (teaching BBC Programming when i have never done programming on a BBC before, The tutor was let go not long after) then Computers and Electronics, out did some of my tutors there again (not a great thing to do)
Then became a Warehouse MONKEY, before taking moving on to the packing side due to me watching them working.
Did dam well running the dam place while my manager hid in the toilet, but being only 21 was treated badly by other managers so i went of to uni where it was all above me (my limit i guess)
So back to warehouse slave an then a Job as a Design Tech (way above me but i was 1/2 the price, got a 20% pay increase after a year and half to "Bring me in line with everyone else" WTF so i left)
Back to Warehouse, interview with one company for Laptop Repair, did all the tests and then the interview, they forgot i was there for 2hr had a rushed interview and said F it and talk to my manager if i could have days off to study to be Electrician, he was ok with all the time off, came out of my holidays any how.
I had to do TESTs to prove i could do it, "oh i dont know if your maths will be up to it" !! i studied with the OU for Maths and the only GCSE i passed easy. Also Dyslexic Test and asked how AGRESSIVE I WAS
All i aim for is a PASS as i feel my reading lets me down and trying to express things
2330 Level 2 ... 2330 Level 3 .. 17th Edition ( i swear i have some H&S subject in Brest Feeding) ... 2377-22 some thing to do
Then was told all i could do is KITCHENS!! unless i do the 2394/5
Place i went to in Nottingham suggested EAL/LCL versions of the 2394/5 as it was open book, also know the pass rates for the 2391/4/5 (figure if only 40% ish of people passed it, i would think they where better than me, so not good odds)
So did the LCL 2394 and passed that and then the 2395 with EAL, may cost a bit more but both courses as the same time and didnt pass would of killed me money wise.
Trying to go Self Employed as who wants a 40yr newb, but how to sell oneself not my best thing, but there is always help of people wanting cash to put you higher up in the GOOGLE SEARCH (hold on if everyone is paying for this how can you be at the top)

In the Great words of DORY "just keep swimming"

What's all this skinni latee stuff I keeps hearing about?

And mocachoka with sprinkles?

It all sounds a bit arty farty to me..

If I wants coffee then I just wants coffee

That's what it is...
Same with Tea, green tea, lap song whatever, last place I worked at if you wanted to know what tea to order you looked under infusions, infusions my bum gimme a cup of good old Tetleys.

Reply to What Did You Start Off As? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net