Discuss What we are doing ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well I spent 1998 - 2008 in data and telecoms. Fell on hard times, went bus driving as a temporary measure (ended up being 8 years!). For the last 4 (2012-2016) years I've done IT/DATA/Telecoms on the side, and I've been helping a spark mate on the side. He was the one who told me I was wasted as a bus driver and to get my paper work for Electrical work, so I did. Signed up Level 2 in Sept 2016 and told the rather large bus company to shove their job up their arse and haven't looked back since. Into Level 3 now. Still doing data and telecoms on the side. Looking at what to do when I've finished level 3 in May 2018. Looking at going Domestic.

I didn't want to be an electrician. I wanted to be a lumberjack. Leaping from tree to tree, as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia.........

Just watched it on Youtube.. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

My work:- Mainly domestic but I do have a few small commercial customers and a couple of farms on the books. It's mainly electrical with a little bit of security (alarm maintenance/installation) thrown in.

My background:- Professionally... software/research and design engineering for 20+ years building software and hardware for all sorts (retail management, web hosting, cash handling and ticketing, nuclear plant control room training simulation, on-line game development, but most recently it was software for fire services, specifically the software crews use on fire appliances and the back office systems to support that). Decided in 2016 to get out of the corporate cubical for the sake of my health and sanity, so started the company in October 2016. I went the short course route as the long course wasn't an option due to living/working arrangements at that time (my plan, now the company has some money to play with, is to get myself to college and get 2365 under my belt). Don't think the first time I lifted a floor board or cut a chase etc. was on my first jobs for my company. I've been doing electrical, plumbing and building work for family, friends and employers since my teens (Daddy's girl - many hours spent helping him working on cars and doing all the DIY work at home) so I was more than comfortable with the physical side of the job and the various bits of gear you need to make your life easy.

Currently geeking out enjoying a couple of weeks off writing some software to try and help me with the admin side of the business and working on a couple of game ideas :)

As for 2018, I'm hoping it continues in the same manner as 2017 from August (without the idiot moves live falling out of a loft).

Reply to What we are doing ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net