Discuss Where does this wire go in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there lounge light recently stopped working, had a look and this wire looks like its come out? Can anyone tell me where it goes. Thanks20210503_134032.jpg

The connector with the single blue. Lift up the orange flap and it should go back in. The wires from the flex are a bit short so if you can remove some of the black cable sheathing.

There's no identifying brown sleeve on the allegedly switched live (the other blue), so it would be a good idea to check which is live and neutral to the light flex.
Bit worrying that it came out in the first place. Could the terminal block be damaged?

The black flex wires come with crimped ferrules, which typically don't fit well in Wago connectors, they are generally too short, and liable to pop out. Cut off the ferrules and strip the cable back 11mm (per the diagram on the side of the Wagos). Plus remove a bit more black sleeving from the twin flex first. And as mentioned, ideally check which of the two blue twin & earth wires is L and match that with the L of the black cable.

I think those particular wagos are only really suitable for solid core conductors...

for flex, Iā€™d use the small push fit white ones.....

B5048BEC-63AE-4699-8ADF-466F0081C142.jpeg

The ones in the OP's photo are lever types, the box says suitable for stranded 0.14 through 4.0 mm2, as well as solid cables (0.2 thru 4mm2), also stamped on the end of one in the photo. They are 221 series (221-412, etc).

Reactions: DPG

Reply to Where does this wire go in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net