Discuss which polarity in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

V

voyager212

Hi everyone, I have a Bissell rechargeable floor sweeper and have misplaced charger, I have a universal ac/dc charger that you select your output voltage that I can use as temp, I have to plug the correct connector on the end and can have pos or neg polarity on the centre tip, problem is I don't know which polarity the sweeper centre pin is and don't want to damage by connecting wrong polarity, help please.

There is supposedly a recognised standard (sleeve is -ve and tip is +ve) but so many manufacturers don't follow it I'd strongly suggest you check with either a place that sells them or contact Bissell themselves and confirm.

Reply to which polarity in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I may have posted this before but not sure if it made it in. I want to install an EV Charger in my garage. The panel is two stories up and the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking to do some cable runs for cat6 etc in my house and was looking for some advice on blind wiring. I'm not skilled but I...
Replies
Views
Here's the setup: 400ah battery bank on 12v has a positive line that connects to a 400a fuse, then to a Blue Sea On/Off Switch, then to the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I Bought a 32A EV Charger, it comes with a CEE wall plug. I need to use it with a 60A range recepticle which I use to plug in my welder. So...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hoping someone can shed some light on this, i have purchased a surge protector and it will not fit the power cables i plan on using. I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock