Search the forum,

Discuss Who owns a grade card? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The nvq3 is on job training/experience which i believe is the part they want to see you can prove. Although i understand the HNC is a far higher level of education (i sat a entry exam for the course once and it was tough) does it actually require you to prove / show any experience?

at the time had 20 years practical experience, but 80% self-employed.

at the time had 20 years practical experience, but 80% self-employed.

My point was does a HNC actually prove any experience or real life experience or is it a measure of academic level?

A NVQ3 which they are after is to show you have actually been there and done it.

My point was does a HNC actually prove any experience or real life experience or is it a measure of academic level?

A NVQ3 which they are after is to show you have actually been there and done it.
not sure if it does bud, I think 2 years doing nights at college is enought these days for the NVQ3

I knew guys with approved JIB Statius, no quals at all, years of on site experience, good reference from the company they are in. Maybe bit different know. lol

true. practical experience was zero at the time. that took several years and quite a few cock-ups before i considered myself competent.

Not heard of ESCA for years , I believe ESCA was jointly owned by Amicus and the ECA and was sold a recruitment agency.

The guys were the old school type , the type before the de skilling started , good guys back then , no plastic stuff .. They were on good money as well through ESCA , I did all their time sheets for them..

Got my A, B and C in the 70's (family firm and self employed ever since). A few months ago, because of present work, I applied for a technician. Sent me a gold approved with no explanation.
Qualifications listed on the card are....Industry assessed (wtf is that), 17th Edition and 2391....no mention of C cert. Cheeky sods, I call 'em.

not sure if it does bud, I think 2 years doing nights at college is enought these days for the NVQ3

You might get a C&G like that but not a NVQ, you have to be doing work to get your portfolio done, when i done mine we had to be in the photos showing us doing the work, i took hundreds of photos of jobs, at the time i was on jobs lasting 6-8 months so evidence wasnt hard to come by.

You might get a C&G like that but not a NVQ, you have to be doing work to get your portfolio done, when i done mine we had to be in the photos showing us doing the work, i took hundreds of photos of jobs, at the time i was on jobs lasting 6-8 months so evidence wasnt hard to come by.

Bleedin' 'ell...that would have cost a fortune getting them developed at Kodak

Got a card that says im an apprentice or useless depending on your view of apprentices ;-)

Attachments

• 20140616_220324.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 72

Reply to Who owns a grade card? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock