Discuss Will an RCBO fit in the MK board? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I want to change the 3 MCB's in the picture for RCBO's.
Will the MK ones fit?
Cheers ?
MK CU.jpg

The new ones you can buy aren’t as deep as the old ones, meaning the buzz bar nib will need to be cut down a touch.

Or source an old one

Last edited:
So will this one fit. New from screwfix..
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mk-se...dKzTPx5_D_7ATRxvfmoaArxNEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

There seem to a be a few different product numbers for them. Is there a specific product number that will fit my board? They either start in 69 or 79, will both fit?

I have researched a little more and there are quite a few threads on other sites that say the MK RCBO's (69 and 79 designed for sentry 2 CU) need a retrofit kit in order to fit in the older sentry boards with the 59 MCB's in them. In other words they don't fit. Are you sure they fit @westward10 ?

There is also some talk that a wylex RCBO fits in the 59 sentry boards?

why not just buy 3 new circpro/mk rcbos and a new main switch at same time? as the RCD is fed via a fly lead inside? can use a busbar of choice then. dont have to worry about alignment between rcbo / main switch as all will be of the same version so align perfectly.

WIsh I had seen this earlier as i sold some rcbos that would have fitted that board on ebay.. would have let you have them for postage.

I have researched a little more and there are quite a few threads on other sites that say the MK RCBO's (69 and 79 designed for sentry 2 CU) need a retrofit kit in order to fit in the older sentry boards with the 59 MCB's in them. In other words they don't fit. Are you sure they fit @westward10 ?

There is also some talk that a wylex RCBO fits in the 59 sentry boards?
The only retrofit kits I know of were for the original Sentry boards which had the devices incorporating a slider type switch like these.

I want to change the 3 MCB's in the picture for RCBO's.
Will the MK ones fit?
Cheers ?
View attachment 86806
I replaced a 6A in a board that I believe was this vintage fairly recently - it was MK old stock, bought from TLC and went in with no problems at all.

I believe the new Circpro are identical, except that they are now available in Type A.

Edit: - just looked back and my one are the slightly different layout (newer?), though same model - 5906

MK.jpg

Loving all the pictures of split load MK boards , must have fitted literally hundreds. Were my go to board for ages

Anyone tried the new Circpro ones yet, with their snazzy black SPD?
Yes, they are on some promo in Kew Electrical at present. not too bad, the MK slant isnt as bad as it was but do find the CU itself flexes and distorts easily if wall isnt perfectly flat when screwed back.
Does the job, I bought 4 of them to fit on eicr remedials and would use again.
My only gripe is there is no 40mm knock out for the tails

I replaced a 6A in a board that I believe was this vintage fairly recently - it was MK old stock, bought from TLC and went in with no problems at all.

I believe the new Circpro are identical, except that they are now available in Type A.

Edit: - just looked back and my one are the slightly different layout (newer?), though same model - 5906

View attachment 86816
Are you saying that the 69 and 79 RCBO's fitted that board Dartlec?

Are you saying that the 69 and 79 RCBO's fitted that board Dartlec?
The one I bought was MK7932S - this one, which fitted my board with no issues at all... Type AC was the only option at the time, but looks like the new Type As are now available....

MK2.jpg

This was the existing setup - I replaced the 6A for bathroom lighting/upstairs.

The one I bought was MK7932S - this one, which fitted my board with no issues at all... Type AC was the only option at the time, but looks like the new Type As are now available....

View attachment 86827

This was the existing setup - I replaced the 6A for bathroom lighting/upstairs.
Thanks alot Dartlec, I'll give it a go ?

Glad to see.you figured out a solution.
Hello Gavin,

Seeing you pop up made me think of..... EVCP's ?

I'm allowed to highjack my own thread ?

OZEV sent me an email saying I had to put my forecast in for the month, and do this by the 14th. I haven't done this, and plan to fit an EVCP in 2 days. Can i still send this one through this month or should I wait until July (when I'll fill out the forecast form properly)?

Reply to Will an RCBO fit in the MK board? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net