• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Wiring advice for multi room extractor fan in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all

I have installed the 92430AW XPLUS 2 MULTI POINT VENTILATION UNIT I wired it in like for like with an old unit. The fan stays constantly on. Do I just wire in the switch lines into the L1, L2, L3? Or is there a way to wire this in. It's probably very simple but it's confusing me.

Is this unit a 3 phase unit? looks like it from your description, can you post the wiring diagram

Hi all

I have installed the 92430AW XPLUS 2 MULTI POINT VENTILATION UNIT I wired it in like for like with an old unit. The fan stays constantly on. Do I just wire in the switch lines into the L1, L2, L3? Or is there a way to wire this in. It's probably very simple but it's confusing me.

If what I have posted is the manual for the fan then there are 3 speeds. L1, L2 & L3.

Hi all

John have you bypassed the speed controller in any way

I know each L terminal is for the different speeds but how do I wire it for each room?
John, sorry if this sounds stupid, but is this a like for like replacement, or something that has been purchased hoping that it will work, if it is a like for like, surely the connections for rooms wouldn't have been altered, without actually being on site it's very difficult to see the problems you are experiencing.

It's not a like for like fan. There was a 5 core going to the old fan. I presumed it was 3 switch lines for each each room and N+E. This new fan has 5 terminals L1,L2 and L3 each for the fan speed. I don't know if I'm being stupid but how do I wire it so the fan just comes on and off when each light come on and off

You need to trace where that cable goes to see how it is connected, can you show the old fan connections and are you 100% sure the fan was the issue. If those are three line returns from the rooms each will switch the fan at different speeds.

Presumption is the root of all evil John, like I said very hard to fault find at a remote location, I got my fingers rapped once for interrogating someone, but do you have electrical experience?

I don't know if I'm being stupid but how do I wire it so the fan just comes on and off when each light come on and off

From the manual:
"The fan is designed to run continuously 24 hours a day"

If you want it operating by the light switches then the wiring will need altering.

How did your old fan work?

I have to go back to the clients tonight. Im guessing as its staying on one of the cores is a perminant live. So i will have to try and find the other line. Hopefully it has a wiring station for the fan somewhere.

??
From the manual:
"The fan is designed to run continuously 24 hours a day"

If you want it operating by the light switches then the wiring will need altering.

How did your old fan work?
Wrong unit then Spoon??

??
Wrong unit then Spoon??

Looks like it's not a 'like for like' replacement mate.
Maybe the OP can confirm the data sheet i have posted is the unit he has.

The client said that the fan unit came on when the lights for each room came on then off when the lights were off. But it was faulty when I went to swap it over

Then the person who wired up the original fan wired the switches into the fan circuit.

Have you checked out the 5 core cable to see what its wired to?

Reply to Wiring advice for multi room extractor fan in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back