Discuss Wiring up 8 x 230v 35w downlights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Of course I know that Part P applies to all Domestic electrical work as stated in the actual document, I thought you were originally telling the OP that the work he was planning was notifiable which it isn't, but if I got this wrong I apologise.

Thanks for that Dave....no need to apologise, I've had grumpy old git syndrome last couple of days, reading back it did come across a bit stroppy like.

Oohhh stop it you two :tearsofjoy:

If not changing the switching, why does it need to be?

Things must be very different in England to here, 3m * 7m is not a big lounge, why on earth would you want the lighting switched in 2 zones especially if using a dimmer? 1 dimmer for all lamps and a nicely consistent lit room. Failing to see the benefit of having half of it switched off at all tbh.
I have 3 banks in my living room and I turn the bank directly above my head off when watching TV. I don't like light above my head when relaxing. I find it sets a better mood. Different strokes and all that! I'm sure if you ask a customer would they like this quite a number of them would like the option.

I have 3 banks in my living room and I turn the bank directly above my head off when watching TV. I don't like light above my head when relaxing. I find it sets a better mood. Different strokes and all that! I'm sure if you ask a customer would they like this quite a number of them would like the option.
Given that there will be a dimmer, it's easy to set the mood without zoning off a small lounge, and the lighting levels will be consistent throughout the room. Can see the reasoning if not on a dimmer or if a large room to zone the lighting, just not in this case

I'm a fan of zoning, one lot around the outside (maybe 6) with some spill on the walls, second lot (maybe 4) in the central part of the room, that way you can adjust for mood. Dimmers essential, but you can always fit a second lot later when you discover that the 'cheap' dimmers you've bought don't work properly with the dimmable leds...

Reply to Wiring up 8 x 230v 35w downlights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net