Discuss Working at safe height & manual handling? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mark da spark

Hi,
I am in the process of getting MCS accredited. I was told I need to get a manual handling & working at safe height certificate. I have done my city & guilds 2372 which covered both but is it enough for MCS or do I need to sit both courses? Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers, Mark

If you have a certificate saying working at height and manual handling then you got it. If not then you need it. MCS = documented evidence! 2372 may of covered it but that does not mean they have certified you for it. Best check your certs.

Thanks for the reply. I'm waiting for my college to get back to me about my cert to see if it is included or not. Will chase it up tomorrow again.
Cheers

MCS001 requires personal to be suitably trained and qualified. It does not state directly you must have W at H or MH nor does it state you need to be qualified in PV or alike but you are!

MCS001 requires staff to be trained and competent. There is no requirement for qualifications and they will accept experience on the job: I have been through an ELECSA MCS assessments and don't have W at H, MH or PV certificates (admittedly I have degrees in renewable systems technology and electrical engineering and have been on a MIOSH approved H&S course but they never asked to see certificates).

I always get the qualified wrong with competent. I've seen numerous works by qualified persons who aren't competent and vice versa.

NICEIC wanted to see our certs. Pity all the providers aren't working off the same set of rules.

We're getting accredited with Napit and waiting for them to let us know if we do need both certificates or not.
You would think it should be the same criteria with all the MCS providers but it's not the case by the looks of it!

if you need a cert, do an online course then print out your cert and put it in your training file. Waste of £25, but it ticks the box.

Reply to Working at safe height & manual handling? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net