Discuss Worx saw puzzle - wiring diagram help in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello all, I registered here to help solve an interesting appliance puzzle. I hope I'm in the right place.
I got a worx handheld saw second hand, and it wouldn't start. I took it apart and found there were unattached wires. I attached the wires and the electric motor makes an angry buzzing sound and heats up. I imagine there's two possibilities:

1. The motor is just broken
2. I've wired it up wrong, there are four wires coming from the motor. I've interpreted two as wanting to go via the switch. I may be wrong.

I've added a picture of the disassembled unit, and the wiring diagram of the unit. Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Olle

TL;DR
Saw buzzes, Oliver scratches head in puzzlement

Attachments

• JGt13dtmSeCVmRHX8g54Xg.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 13
  • hlm_1eADS8OsTEn_UlGzfw.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 13

Reply to Worx saw puzzle - wiring diagram help in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Hi Experts, I was given a Ryobi 240v Table Saw which I think came from South Africa. The motor was disconnected when I checked but I would just...
Replies
Views
Please help me how to wire this, it’d be awesome if someone draws a simple diagram like the pic I posted but for my parts, I saw a diy video on...
Replies
Views
This weekend I was replacing a hall light fixture in my old home (rewired circa 1980/90's) and noticed the work was done using one of the exposed...
Replies
Views
I've been having issues with my dining room lights flickering and light switches working intermittently. After taking off the switch covers, I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock