Discuss Would any of you be interested in answering a short questionnaire that my college wants me to do? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrics

Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi all. Bit of a strange one here.

I was active on the forum earlier this year with a view to doing my training in the UK.

Well turns out i've moved to France pre-Brexit and am now doing my training here !

The college I want to do it through has asked me to get at least 1 electrician to answer 21 short questions about their job, daily routine at work etc.

Would anyone be willing to answer it for me ? Your details won't be used anywhere except on the official form i have to give back to my college in Alençon, France.

Thanks in advance.

Hi - I’m happy to help you, but maybe check if they want a French person to answer?
Hi thanks that would be awesome. When they gave me the form they said they didn't mind if it was an English spark.

Here's the questionnaire. It's a bit silly since i already know what a day in the life consists of, god knows i watch enough youtube vlogs! But it's a formality i have to do. Would be amazing if you could answer. If you're not comfortable doing it here you could PM it to me. Here it is:

Name of business:
What kind of business is it:
Contact info:
Person asked:

1. What does your job consist of.
  2. What are your main tasks.
  3. Could you describe a normal day or week.
  4. Why did you choose this trade.
  5. How long have you been doing it for.
  6. What level of qualification do you have.
  7. Normally what training do you need to do the job.
  8. What are the necessary qualities to do the job.
  9. What are some useful skills to have to make sure you can do the job effectively.
  10. What are your responsibilities.
  11. How are the working conditions; uniform, hours, travel etc.
  12. What are the benefits of being a spark.
  13. What sort of difficulties do you face in the job.
  14. What do you like most about it.
  15. What do you like the least.
  16. Has the job evolved eg techniques, materials, tools etc.
  17. Currently how are the prospects in your trade.
  18. What is the criteria for being recruited in the trade.
  19. What possibilities are there to progress your skills in the trade.
  20. What advice would you give to someone wanting to become a spark.
  21. Do you know of any other businesses doing the same job. If so would you introduce me to them too? (You don't have to answer this one!)

Hi all. Bit of a strange one here.

I was active on the forum earlier this year with a view to doing my training in the UK.

Well turns out i've moved to France pre-Brexit and am now doing my training here !

The college I want to do it through has asked me to get at least 1 electrician to answer 21 short questions about their job, daily routine at work etc.

Would anyone be willing to answer it for me ? Your details won't be used anywhere except on the official form i have to give back to my college in Alençon, France.

Thanks in advance.
Post the questions then I'll let you know

Wilko est un tres bon electricien depuis longtemps. Il est un maestro avec ses equipement de test electrique et sa finition est de premiere classe. Il aime beaucoup son travail.
Donc, c'est une bonne personne pour répondre à vos questions

Wilko est un tres bon electricien depuis longtemps. Il est un maestro avec ses equipement de test electrique et sa finition est de premiere classe. Il aime beaucoup son travail.
Donc, c'est une bonne personne pour répondre à vos questions
Oui ça se voit.

Thanks everybody - i've had a response now so that should be enough for the college (i hope - translating English into French is a horrible job that i do not wish to repeat!)

DeepL is the best translator on line at the moment, seems to be more accurate than Google translate.
It's still pretty bad to be honest, it was just really annoying to take questions in English and match them up with the originals and then have to translate them to make sense in French ! The other way round is much easier too.

Reply to Would any of you be interested in answering a short questionnaire that my college wants me to do? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net