Questions and electrical advice in the Electricians' Talk - Industrial installations can be discussed in this industrial electricians' talk forum. Way better than any ScrewSucks Community Forums. ElectriciansTalk Forum. Wiring, theories and regulations..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

K
i came a cross a 16mm two core cable today and they want an other small supply taking off if. can i still use it? as i got told, you can only use...
Replies
Views
kiggie89
K
D
2 core or 3 core SWA??? For exterior lights? HI chaps for garden lighting is in acceptable to use 2 core SWA? or should you use 3 core and earth...
Replies
Views
Cirrus
C
M
Hi All, First post on the forum. I am wondering where we stand when we install a PV system on 2 seperate roof elevations, with 2 seperate...
Replies
Views
Dale200bhp
D
I have a job to provide power to a 2 phase 140A projection welder. The run is 35M. According to the regs i would need a 35mm cable to run the...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Popped over to a bungalow yesterday that a mate of mine has bought to renovate, asked me to have a look at electrics/what might need...
Replies
Views
M
iv attached a link to what happened here in perth today. the post says exploding transformer but time will tell what happened. be safe out there...
Replies
Views
baldsparkies
B
Hi all, I have got to build a small panel for a overhead crane long travel drive motors (Old Street crane) The motor is is a 2 speed pole changing...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, This Im sure is basic and easy to you guys but for some reason its not happening or me. Have 2 2way switches in hall 1 for hall light and...
Replies
Views
davie a
D
Just wanted some advice about fire alarm panels. Am I right in thinking sounder circuits must be independent, where as break glass and detection...
Replies
Views
Hi A little problem.... I have a 5 amp and 2 amp circuit. The 5's are fine etc The 2.Amps use a "Clock Socket/outlet" . 4 wires , 3...
Replies
Views
A 20 amp DP switch is rated to switch a max load of 20 amps right? Being told this afternoon that they can only be installed on a circuit that is...
Replies
Views
just seen this in a mag, does that include floodlights etc?
Replies
Views
wayne
W
Is there a 230v 3 pin commando polarity tester that is a reasonable price? I have seen the Martindale one at £45.00 Ideally i would like one about...
Replies
Views
L
Been to a job this morning where a guy had 230v downlighters class two in an outside bar area, they are RCD protected, is this permissible or...
Replies
Views
LlandrilloSpark
L
Hi, I have a regular customer who owns a row of shops with flats above, he has a weird setup as regards fire protection, the two ends have 24v...
Replies
Views
2330 202 sample questions 1 but not the answers i will do them at a later date :D see attch
Replies
Views
2330 202 sample questions 2 Sorry no answers yet will follow :D
Replies
Views
M
S
Hi im currently about to start my last year of my C+G 2330 Level 2. Is it possible for me to take my inspection and test (2390?) without paying...
Replies
Views
Shakey
S
T
Hi all, on my way back from abroad after 20 odd yrs :mad:, can anyone tell me what my c&g 2367 Part 1 is equivalent to these days, looks as though...
Replies
Views
Shakey
S
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock