Discuss 1 switch, 2 fluorescent fittings in shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm just gonna do what I think which is:
pull all three cables to the switch, put the live in the common, and the neutral in a block and the earth to the lug. Then put a brown in the 1 way and run back to first light with and neutral from block and earth.
If its wrong, I will find out.
If its right, then all I was looking for was clarification.
Thread closed!!

now surely any testing you carry out before energising the circuit will tell you if it will work.

you do know how to test electrical installations don't you?

If it is wrong I will find out ????? Brill :) So, what's the answer to my question on whether you feel you are competent to carry out work for people? Daz
Hi daz,
i feel fine working for people. I didn't realize that a simple question would cause so much hassle. When I said I'll find out, I meant when I test it.
Im just funny in the sense that even if I think I may be right, I will still ask the question just to be sure. It's just me being thorough with my thinking. Maybe some of my old bosses ---- has worn off on to me, but I hate doing things twice.
Cheers

Hi daz,
i feel fine working for people. I didn't realize that a simple question would cause so much hassle. When I said I'll find out, I meant when I test it.
Im just funny in the sense that even if I think I may be right, I will still ask the question just to be sure. It's just me being thorough with my thinking. Maybe some of my old bosses ---- has worn off on to me, but I hate doing things twice.
Cheers
looks like thats exactly what you may have to do though to gain any credance here....lol...

I'm just gonna do what I think which is:
pull all three cables to the switch, put the live in the common, and the neutral in a block and the earth to the lug. Then put a brown in the 1 way and run back to first light with and neutral from block and earth.
If its wrong, I will find out.
If its right, then all I was looking for was clarification.
Thread closed!!

Nah thats wrong, i'd put the blue into L1!

Because they didn't really know how to do it in the first place. People don't suddenly forget how to drive after being banned for several months do they.

Reply to 1 switch, 2 fluorescent fittings in shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net