Discuss 100ms time delay rcd on main domestic unit?g in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sounds to me as if the OP just doesnt like the verdict on his inspection - end of.

were just going round the houses here to be honest , none of us on the forum can change what your electricican has reported so just pay up for the repairs if you want a pass cert.
and fiddling with telecoms dont mean jacks**t in our world lol.
;-)

sorry what is Zs? you could be right ive read it wrong as 25

i hired this company off mybuilder.com, for a landlord cert, eicr. they were cheapest quote, but im getting the distinct feeling they are trying to pad it out.
i actually said to the bloke when he was here sucking his teeth, why cant the mcb for non existant cooker and shower just be disconected and if any wires going to them, cut them well back. apparrently he was happier just to fail it...

im still unclear on the watermain earth though, do you have to absolutely see the connection on the water main within ?? mm of the stopcock to "pass "?

i have to say thoughi realy apprciate all the advice and no, im not going to peru:)

love you too biffo, the OP is happy to pay for work due, but gets a bit ****y with "cute" trademen -thats cute in the irish sense. i.e not sexy
thanks the rest of you. if you want advice on a pbx happy to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
i hired this company off mybuilder.com
Oh dear! Not everyone on there is bad though. The earth bonds are supposed to be visible and accessible.
To be fair to the guy though he was there to report on the installation not carry out any necessary rectification

sorry what is Zs? you could be right ive read it wrong as 25

i hired this company off mybuilder.com, for a landlord cert, eicr. they were cheapest quote, but im getting the distinct feeling they are trying to pad it out.
i actually said to the bloke when he was here sucking his teeth, why cant the mcb for non existant cooker and shower just be disconected and if any wires going to them, cut them well back. apparrently he was happier just to fail it...

im still unclear on the watermain earth though, do you have to absolutely see the connection on the water main within ?? mm of the stopcock to "pass "?

i have to say thoughi realy apprciate all the advice and no, im not going to peru:)

I think you have just found out why cheap isn't always cheap ;(

No, you don't need to see the water earth the pass it. Or I wouldn't anyway - I'd say a C3 if I testing ok.
If you don't like what they have said you can always get someone else to fix the faults. If you get a cert from another spark saying all the faults on the original EICR are fixed then I believe you are good to go.....

EDIT: of course you would have to find a spark who is happy to approve the bonding by testing it and inspecting one end only. Some won't, as shown by comments here.....

landlord cert, eicr.

???

Isn't the landlord responsible for all this? If you are the landlord then I'd say pay for the EICR, you know there's some issues that need to be sorted, move on from that and and get some quotes on the remedials, including the company you've already used.

Need to be able to locate it, at least point to the cable/clamp and say "THAR SHE BLOWS!", confirming that it's connected isn't really enough and in this case it sounds like it isn't connected.

Reply to 100ms time delay rcd on main domestic unit?g in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net