Discuss 110v sockets radial in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

you could have a 40A radial and do your toast on the transformer.

How about giving us that info then?

As long as you protect the TX from overload you wire as many as the install would be comfortable with without risk of small overload for a long duration ... the issue here is plug tops for 110v are unfused so ensure the equipment been used by its nature cannot demand more than the rating of the plug also any 110v tool will run at twice the current of their 230v equiv' so take into account.

Fitting 10 outlets for a team of lads who require a very occasional use of say a grinder or sander should not be a issue but the same 10 outlets supplying a 110v hungry team of workers who have regular frequent use of sockets may be asking for trouble.

A large 110 grinder can easily be rated at 18amps where its smaller cousin can still see half of that so a 16amp radial has little room for design error.

You have asked a question and given no info so a hard question to answer... Yes there is a limit to the number of points on a 110v radial and that will be dependent on the individual circumstances.

"110v are unfused so ensure the equipment been used by its nature cannot demand more than the rating of the plug" BINGO that's what I was waiting for, SO a 110v system is all down to the designer.

Just to be padantic you can't draw more than the plug can withstand, I think you mean the protective device of the circuit.

If an item has the incorrect plug on it it can have a larger current than its design ... been doing this 25yrs seen it so many times when in house maintenance play with electrics pushing beyond their competence, the designer also has to factor in change of habits or use of the outlets so always play on the side of caution.

ps ... think of a easily available 110 splitter as there is no fusing a simple 2 way split can overload the socket on the wall without the protective device operating. I always do radials with a 16amp front end to protect against this to a certain extent.

Totally agree with Darkwood, whenever I install 110v I genuinley install 1X outlet per mcb where possible.

Reply to 110v sockets radial in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net