Discuss 17kW single phase inverter? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SpitfireW'sale

We have a customer with an interesting problem! Proposed install is on a split phase supply @ 460V

50kW system with existing DNO permission - As there is a new transformer on site, the DNO have said they will make an exception and allow up to 200kW on the split phase so 50kW no problem. The original design was to use 10 X SolarMax S series Inverters. This would work, but the DNO are now insisting that any site with 4 or more inverters will now need (new rule?) a G59 relay and witnessing, irrespective of the kWP of the site.

This would add to the price which would take it over budget so we want to avoid that if we can. Therefore he needs a design with 3 or less inverters which I don't think is possible. Our customer has met with a representative from the DNO on site and he said he had previously seen an install that had 3 X 17kW single phase inverters - I doubt very much this is accurate information, but as it has come from a reasonably senior person at the DNO I want to look into it. I can't find any info on a 17kW single phase inverter but if anyone has heard of this please advise!

Reply to 17kW single phase inverter? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I (well, the MCS installer) obtained approval under G59 back in 2015 for 11.5 kW of grid connection on a single phase. 12kW of panels into two 6kW...
Replies
Views
hi guys / girls , any advice would be appreciated, So the situation is a domestic property has a 3 phase supply , from the service head we have 3...
Replies
Views
Hello all Just doing some cable calcs for a shepards hut site, the site has an incoming supply of 2 x 250a single phase supplys, was hoping to...
Replies
Views
(Thought I'd already poost this Q, but I cant see it, so I'll try again) We have some work going on in one of our buildings atm. On of the chaps...
Replies
Views
This is quite lengthy so get comfy... I had a bizarre call out relating to a job I attended about five years ago. The situation was they were...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock