Discuss 2365 exam centres in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, Can anyone tell me if it is possible to do the C+G 2365 level 2 exam without doing a course. I already have level 3 qualifications in electronics and am transferring across to electrical, I am going to do a level 3 2365 course in full but would like to just take the level 2 exam without the course as I already have experience. I am in Norwich but can travel.

Thanks, Jamie

Hi, Can anyone tell me if it is possible to do the C+G 2365 level 2 exam without doing a course. I already have level 3 qualifications in electronics and am transferring across to electrical, I am going to do a level 3 2365 course in full but would like to just take the level 2 exam without the course as I already have experience. I am in Norwich but can travel.

Thanks, Jamie

Dont think it's possible.

I came from a Electronics and computers background, but Level 2 for the 2330 version was more hands on work and learning, i wouldnt say much to do with the MATHS of Electrical's
Bit of Cable Calcs and Phase maybe (did more of that in Level 3)

I dont think you will pass some of the exams with just LEVEL 3 Electronics.

I came from a Electronics and computers background, but Level 2 for the 2330 version was more hands on work and learning, i wouldnt say much to do with the MATHS of Electrical's
Bit of Cable Calcs and Phase maybe (did more of that in Level 3)

I dont think you will pass some of the exams with just LEVEL 3 Electronics.

Hi, Thanks for the comments, I was hoping to just do the exam for level 2 due to getting time off work for training as I will have to use some holiday etc..it looks like I might have to try and do a couple of weeks here and there to get the Level 2 and then do the same for Level 3. I am looking to use one of the training centres like Able Skills, it's hard fitting a full 6-7 weeks in as I do shifts and they wouldn't let me off for that length of time even using holiday, I will give a few of the training centres a call and see if they have any ideas. Many thanks, Jamie

Colleges and FE make their money from courses and you passing
There isn't much money to be made from just letting you do the exam with a high risk of flopping, what looks bad on the center

To get on to a level 3 electrical's you would have to do a level 2 within the same range, of courses.
So a heath and safety qualification just wouldn't cut it, there is also so many areas within heath and safety, working around big trucks (basically stay out of the way)

Reply to 2365 exam centres in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net