Discuss 2391-52 exam questions need help. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Refurbishment of dwelling has taken place and the clients insurance company requires a periodic inspection and test to be carried out, A new circuit supplying 9kw electric shower has been installed, No previous records for the installation are available.

What information does the inspector require from insurance company?

Questions 1

A- the minimum sample size of the initial verification
B- the maximum sample size of the initial verification
C- the minimum sample size of the inspection
D-the maximum sample size of the periodic inspection

Question 2

Where would the inspector record the requirements for the insurance company?

A- limitations section of the electrical installation certificate
B- Declaration section on the electrical installation report.
C- limitations section of the electrical installation condition report
D- Declaration section on the electrical installation condition report

Question 4

What, according to GN3, is suggested minimum sample size for inspection of the existing circuits?

A- 10%
B- 20%
C- 30%
D- 50%

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest you reply stating what you would answer and why for each of those questions.

We're not here to do your work and sit your exams/mock exams for you, but we will offer advice about answers and the thinking behind them.

And for question 4... if you've not already got guidance note 3, might be a good plan to buy a copy and have a read.

It is asking for a periodic inspection so one answer in Q1 can be eliminated, two answers in Q2 can be eliminated.
Answers B and D in Q1 are exactly the same?

So to Q1, two answers can be ignored. What is the insurance company likely to want, a minimum or a maximum.

It says a dwelling has been refurbished and they require a periodic inspection. To me this suggests a test of the whole installation and the fact a new circuit for the shower has been installed is just information.

It says a dwelling has been refurbished and they require a periodic inspection. To me this suggests a test of the whole installation and the fact a new circuit for the shower has been installed is just information.
Yes you are right but the way city and guilds put these questions I did really confuse me

I would kindly appreciate if you could answer these questions the rest of the questions I know them very well

But if you look at the other questions it's in the same sennorio it's asking about the sample size do I would say its an EICR

Q1 boils down to answers C and D so minimum or maximum.
Minimum sets a target, if I said to you the minimum I want you to do is cut the grass and weed my flower beds then this is the target but if you choose you can do more. Maximum does not set a target it just indicates you don't need to hit it at all. Again the maximum I want you to do is cut my grass and weed the flower beds but this does not indicate you must do both.
Which one would they chose?

Q1 boils down to answers C and D so minimum or maximum.
Minimum sets a target, if I said to you the minimum I want you to do is cut the grass and weed my flower beds then this is the target but if you choose you can do more. Maximum does not set a target it just indicates you don't need to hit it at all. Again the maximum I want you to do is cut my grass and weed the flower beds but this does not indicate you must do both.
Which one would they chose?
I put maximum sample size for the periodic inspection

You are not seeing the difference. Minimum is the base of what you must achieve, maximum is the upper limit it does not set a base target.
The minimum number of circuits to test is ten, this means test ten.
The maximum numbed of circuits to test is ten, this does not mean test ten.

Last edited:
You are not seeing the difference. Minimum is the base of what you must achieve, maximum is the upper limit it does not set a base target.
The minimum number of circuits to test is ten, this means test ten.
The maximum numbed of circuits to test is ten, this does mean

So the correct answer is minimum sample for inspection then

Reply to 2391-52 exam questions need help. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net