Discuss 240 volt outside light measuring 180 volts. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Re loft access, if the two lofts are at the same level, is it not possible to remove a few bricks, and create an opening big enough to crawl through? I'm not saying the OP necessarily has to do this, but there ought to be access somehow.

Des56 - agree totally mate BUT...surely if part-p is not a load of b-lls, then this sort of stuff should not be happening anymore. As far as I'm concerned I find this stuff all the time. She has a NICEIC cert number, but guess what...contractors part is still here too. Me thinks I'm not even going to get involved in this too much.

Thanks to everyone on here, proper sparks, for your comments. Totally professional.

All the best

R

SJD - agreed my friend. I did consider this. BUT as my daily work has an alarm clock that goes off at 5:30 and I don't get back home til near 7pm I'm reluctant to take on board this level of work. Possibly would have in early years but 50 is knocking on my door mate and knees, elbows and all else aches these days ;>) I'm sure I've whinged there and some of ya older sparks will kill me ha ha BUT I was a loft rat for many years and still are (just in another line of work).

Anyhow...many thanks for all your help and info with this interesting issue. ;>)

R

You should Tell her to contact him and ask him to come and show how it complies with regs or get onto NICEIC as Des says and ask them to meet him at the ladies to discuss remedial work or recompense for unsatisfactory workmanship that may have left her installation in a dangerous condition

Cheers Brucelee. I think she is now in the process of doing some of this. Not sure what the outcome will be but at least she's taken some action. Her husband of a life long marriage, a great bloke and builder died last year - brain tumour. I guess this sparks (and i hasten to call him that as the word t-sser comes to mind) thought 'no bloke about, no ones going up the loft, no big deal'. Wrong!
Anyhow to all on here, thanks for your help and support. Truly a great site/ forum. Professional sparks hey. So...how do I close this thread down then me old fruits as I'm sure you have newer and equally insane threads to tackle ;> Cheers again.
R

Reply to 240 volt outside light measuring 180 volts. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net