Discuss 25 ohms Zdb + same reading for all circuits in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I had some silly Zs readings once and I just hadn't zeroed the meter properly. Were the R1+R2 readings done with the same probes?
They could do "Zs" with N & E probes both to the N and should get the same for PFC and PSCC and it should be in keeping with the supply rating.

So you would expect, say, no more than 10% DNO side drop at the fuse rating, so 600A PSSC or above, hence "Zs" measured that way should be around 0.4 ohm max.

When you took Ze did you disconnect the main earth lead away from the installation. We dont want parallel paths.
Agreed, but high Zs means either nothing useful in terms of parallel paths to the true Earth vis service pipes, etc. Or the meter (or its probes) is borked!

Reply to 25 ohms Zdb + same reading for all circuits in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All New to this forum, have read the posts on here from google but only recently signed up. I'm having some issues and some input would be...
Replies
Views
Hi, while carrying out an EICR at a farm cottage on Friday i came up against a problem early on. Whilst measuring the Ze the reading i obtained...
Replies
Views
Doing a lot of EICRs at the moment and have came across what I'm sure is a common enough problem. In an off grid rural cottage I have a TT system...
Replies
Views
Just completed an EICR which had an Unsatisfactory Report done earlier in the year by another Spark, i have a copy of the report and he's put the...
Replies
Views
Hi I bought a holiday lodge last month and decided to test the circuits to see how they measured. The lodge itself is fed from a central point in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock