Discuss 3kW Immersion Heater in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I don't know. I went into CEF and said 'this thermostat doesn't heat the water up to the temperature I need it to', so they gave me this other thermostat that apparently would allow the water to go up to 80C. It doesn't.

I'm starting to repeat myself now, have a read of the link to HS RDT thermostats. The one in the link, has a maximum setting of 60'c. It also has a safety cut-out (which I suspect is set to 80'c). You old thermostat had a maximum setting of 80'c, and no safety cut-out. That's why when old thermostats welded closed, the water heated & circulated to boiling, melted the plastic water tank, causing 50 gallons of very hot water to spill on the occupants below. The popping noise you probable heard with your old set up, was that process starting to happen!!

Here's a picture of another make;

upload_2017-7-4_15-21-27.jpeg

You will find other makes are set the same.

It may be as Tel suggested, you heater element could require changing. It could be that your hot water tank, having be set to, too higher temperature, is full of scale, leading to insufficient quantity of heated water.

Think it's time you employed the services of a plumber.

Think it's time you employed the services of a plumber.

AARRRRGHH. Armageddon. go and wash your mouth out with carbolic soap.

They can have the pleasure, of removing scaled up hot water tank, with a bunged up drain off. I'll pop round and change the flex!
what.and let a wet-pants have the scrap copper? what a plonker, rodney.

hosspitals today have some wonderful technology.i'm sure there's a program in their software to allow for normal peeps that imbibe of the fruits of nature and can factor any irrelevant parts out.. and as for blood tests, you can count me out unless heavily sedated. 8 pints would achieve this.

hosspitals today have some wonderful technology.i'm sure there's a program in their software to allow for normal peeps that imbibe of the fruits of nature and can factor any irrelevant parts out.. and as for blood tests, you can count me out unless heavily sedated. 8 pints would achieve this.
I will have had my 5 a day though

figuring out. 5 a day... grape, barley, wheat, malt, hops. how's that?

I've read quite recently, that red wine is now deemed good for you, so you would only be following doctors orders. Splash it on your salty chips as well.
Probably right on there Middy but at what quantity?

doctors aint gota clue. today it's good for you. tomorrow it's poison. we got fat kids supposedly due to eating fast food, but so did we all 50 years ago, but then we went out climbing trees, not stuck sitting down on face-ache.

doctors aint gota clue. today it's good for you. tomorrow it's poison. we got fat kids supposedly due to eating fast food, but so did we all 50 years ago, but then we went out climbing trees, not stuck sitting down on face-ache.
Right on there my Friend right on, playing Commandos down the local woods, Day Crockett as well, swimming in the River, out at 0800: and don't come back till Tea time, bird nesting. scrumping apples, happy days, Kids today really don't know what they are missing, rant over.

Right on there my Friend right on, playing Commandos down the local woods, Day Crockett as well, swimming in the River, out at 0800: and don't come back till Tea time, bird nesting. scrumping apples, happy days, Kids today really don't know what they are missing, rant over.

We're not interested in what you were doing on Monday Pete :)

Reply to 3kW Immersion Heater in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net