Discuss Adding second light switch to garage circuit in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

@Avo Mk8 following your comment, I revisited the drawing, and I think this is how I could maintain the first switch being a 2-gang as you say, but making the internal lights 2-way.

The first switch is the 2-way internal light setup.

The second switch is the PIR, and if wired correctly at the other end, should provide PIR mode or manual override of the external light, as the black wire provides the permanent live, and the brown wire is the switched "manual on" live.

View attachment 89143
That should work fine.
There's quite a lot of wires to deal with - if the patress is not a deep one, you might be better off with your original idea of twin boxes.
If you are familiar with Wago connectors you might find they help.

That should work fine.
There's quite a lot of wires to deal with - if the patress is not a deep one, you might be better off with your original idea of twin boxes.
If you are familiar with Wago connectors you might find they help.
Thanks again for all your comments, I really can't thank you enough.

I am familiar with Wago, I have a box 3 wire 32 amp connectors already, but point taken about the amount of wires, it did also cross my mind that it might be a challenge to fit it all in.

I can't be the only person who gets hungry when talking about Wago, it's so close to Wagu beef!

Reply to Adding second light switch to garage circuit in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I'm replacing standard light switches in my hall and landing with touch switches (not smart, just touch on/off) like these from Amazon...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to install 3 meross smart switches for 3 lights: entrance switch: only 1 gang but 3 way switch bedroom switch: 2 gang (1 is 1...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a single light switch, wired like this.. the 2 wires in com, with a always live wire coming to the switch, and then wire going out to...
Replies
Views
My kitchen had an extension at some point and the 2 lights are switched from a 2 gang light switch. It's separate circuits so I can't join them...
Replies
Views
I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock