Discuss Additional protection regulation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dru

I'm unsure as to what this regulation means.

Regulation 411.3.3

Can anyone put it in terms I can understand please? Not all sockets 20a or under require additional protection by the means of an RCD so what does it mean?

All help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 147
according to 411.3.3. all sockets covered by (i) and (ii) require RCD protection with the exceptions given in (a) and (b).

It means, apart from where a permitted exception is employed, every socket 20A or less shall be provided additional protection in the form of a RCD compliant with 415.1.

So a 16a radial with one socket requires an RCD?

Why does the rating of the OCPD have any relevance ? The regulation refers to the current rating of the socket outlet so don't apply it in other ways.
The socket most likely requires an RCD to protect it unless you are legitimately using a stated exception. Whether the circuit requires one is not clear from the information you have provided.

So as long as you haven't barried the cable the wall less than 50mm , and its not a domestic inviroment then i would way say part b of this reg covers what you have done as compliant

Reply to Additional protection regulation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Evening everyone… I’ve attached pictures for your leisure.. so basically the customer does not have any RCD protection.. 3036 fuseboard is in...
Replies
Views
So here is the thing Rhere is an old MEMSHIELD TPN+E Board that is pretty mich obsolete. The only place that sells their breakers would be Ebay...
Replies
Views
Can anyone tell me the latest regulation for RCD protection on socket outlets, I believe it's required for sockets up to 32A but I'm told it...
Replies
Views
Been asked to move, remove and add some sockets the kitchen and I’ll need to add a circuit for an electric hob. Looked at the board and it’s one...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am at odds on whether RCD protection is required on an SWA of 14 metres, clipped direct under flooring direct from CU to an exterior...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock