Discuss AFDDs needed in CU's over the 6th floor or all CU's? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Work has booked me in for a CU change on the second floor of a 7 storey block of flats. They are under the impression that AFDD's only need too be fitted in the flats over 18m high, or the 6th and 7th floors. I'm pretty sure the regs 421.1.7 mean all flats in a block that high but it's ambiguous.

What do you think?

Its in all of the higher risk residential building

Arc fault detection devices conforming to EN62606 shall be provided for single phase AC final circuits supplying socket outlets with rated current not exceeding 32A in:
• Higher risk residential buildings
• Houses of multiple occupancy (HMO) • Purpose built student accommodation • Care homes
NOTE 1: Higher Risk Residential Buildings are assumed to be residential buildings over 18m in height or in excess of six storeys, whichever is met first. It is anticipated that in many areas, higher risk residential buildings will be defined in legislation which can be subject to change over time, as well as in risk management procedures adopted by fire and rescue services. Current legislation should be applied.

Reply to AFDDs needed in CU's over the 6th floor or all CU's? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So, a flat 6 floors and above needs an AFDD on each socket circuit. At up to £150 each it is going to be an expensive undertaking if there are...
Replies
Views
I'm planning a replacement for my existing domestic CU and would like to have it sanity checked before I get an electrician involved. The main...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
We are new landlords and have just got an EICR done. The building is only 5 years old so I am shocked that remedial work has been noted as...
Replies
Views
Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock