Discuss After demand diversity in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Ian1981

Ian1981 Electrician's Arms

Does anyone know the working method the supply companies use to calculate after demand diversity.
    Most new houses are supplied with 100amp fuses in the cut out.
    Now obviously the average houses don't come anywhere near using that amount of current, however the DNO must allow a working average current for each phase.
    The iet design guide gives a little insight but wanted to know other people's thoughts.

2. westward10

westward10 Sponsored by failure. Electrician's Arms

A colleague used to do design and he told me for a housing estate you would allow 6A per dwelling but that was about 15 years ago.

3. Ian1981

6amps seams really really low.
    We've got 14 flats on a floor and we are fitting a bemco to each floor 6 in total.
    16mm swa has been specked to each flat and 40 amps per flat which is really generous as each flat is only 1 bedroom and only have 2x 1.5kw heaters in and an immersion.
    I'd say more like 20 at the most.

4. westward10

westward10 Sponsored by failure. Electrician's Arms

It was a while back but it must have worked.

5. Wilko

Wilko Gorillas are Great Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    Hi - here's some After Diversity Maximum Demand numbers from a DNO design spec, just FYI.

IMG_0655.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Ian1981

I'll come up with a design with my boss and speek to the DNO and consultant about requirements.
    At the end of the day I don't want to be pulling in unnecessary large cables.

7. Ian1981

Thanks wilko will have a look

8. chris day

chris day Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    Chris peter
    Keep us posted on your findings as I have also wandered how to apply for diversity on flat sub mains