Discuss Angle Grinder dust extraction.. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Have you thought about getting a proper chasing tool? I have one from machine mart and it works perfectly! I can chase from ceiling to floor in an ocupied house with hardly any dust when im finished

Looks like it's for use with the special cup wheels for surface grinding of concrete. May not be suitable for your purpose?

Ive been kinda looking at it wondering that...doesnt look as though the blade comes out for side cuts does it ?

reading further through that listing it says it has a removable part so maybe it would work ..would certainly be handy.

Last edited by a moderator:
as above. buy a twin blade wall chaser and a henry. 90% of the dust goes in the henry.

Have you thought about getting a proper chasing tool? I have one from machine mart and it works perfectly! I can chase from ceiling to floor in an ocupied house with hardly any dust when im finished

I have hilti wall chaser , but its only good for long chases , no good for boxes etc . I like grinder at switches etc as it can be done well and need no plaster round box. Ive just ordered a new 5" grinder. Need blades for the wall chaser don't know what to buy though hilti ones are really expensive, wondering if standard blades will do the job.

edit- also ordered extra long 5m hose for using henry and chaser. Hilti is pretty heavy and its chases aren't quite wide enough for capping in one pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
got chaser after my you tube video before anyone asks! Anyone got recommendations on diamond blades ? are the really expensive ones worth it ?

i bought a couple from a 'tool sale' that used to be held locally and they were ok. worth a punt for a few £s. gaffer uses (or rather has!) twin chaser, and yes, has to be ran twice to get width for sheathing (sorry capping). best thing i think, if money permits, is vac with self cleaning filters- saves banging that henry dust filter out every 5mins when bags not used

Reply to Angle Grinder dust extraction.. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net