Discuss Announcement "later today!" in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ive only got one job to register end of next week so i will just tell them im giving it up after that! if they want to charge me for 2 months membership then thats fine!! (got to be the end of PV) 13p :))))))))

yep, I can't see a future for the industry with this deal, which paves the way for Barking to role out a solar farm scheme involving the big six to satisfy our renewables targets, and who will pay for that, us of course, with all the costs of planning objections and the Goverments inability to run anything in any kind of financially efficient manner.

yes you did
still, least I'll be able to get some work done on my landy in march!!

all ways a bright side. Didn't know you're a fair weather landy'er!

I see April onwards full of time wasting surveys and no work coming off the back of it. Ok D is better but until the finer details of this is sorted and more knowledge is gained on what is and what isn't then it's still an issue. The proposed FiTS reduction every 6 months which could also be determined by how much has been installed is a further kick. Throw a six to start scenario. And then to lose five years return! I just don't understand the thinking.

Time to get the confirmed jobs we have done and then reasses what to do. I'm leaning towards playing the field for about six months before re-inspection and fees are due and analyise what the market is. I think I know where it's going but only time will tell.

If your registration inspection isn't due you may as well hang on, mine is booked for march so I'll have to cancel it. I can always do it all again later if I think it's worth it, but at the moment I think those rates are unworkable. Why would someone put that kind of money in for a 5-6% return, You can get that in decent investments and get your capital back. it's madness.

10.10 in the evening and I've just read through the entire thread (thanks for all those who precis'd this so well for those of us who go wobbly at the first sentence of a government report.

What struck me is the tone from start to finish- the hopeful "what's going to happen today" early on turned into "look at this bit, what does this mean" which in the last few hours has turned into "that's it. we're screwed". And I'm sad to say I think the industry is doomed.

There were times when 43p was hard going (ffs). 21p worked, if you were south facing and got the full array up. So add to that an EPC conversation (not necessarily the rating but the conversation you'll had to have with the client), take it down to 15p, explain the rates are less and only for 20 years. Oh and now for the 10% of people who'll still be interested put 10 times more competition, you've got a industry in deep deep trouble.

And as the electricians put more energy into traditional electrical work that market gets tougher too.

Bright side? The paperwork can go hang, money saved on MCS and REAl and erm, that's it.

The annoying thing is we can see this yet those who have no idea are the ones pulling the strings! Our voice just isn't heard or is heard but ignored. There's no way the proposed is going to aid the industry and make it available to all rather than a chosen view. With all these proposals and changes, dates moving back and forth and then add in the total disregard given by the nationals (anyone else see today's Sun?) on selling a 43p rate that officially doesn't exist at this time then the government might as well pull the plug entirely and have zero incentive. At least anyone looking into PV will be doing it to save a polar bear!

Leeds Solar's response to these changesLeeds Solar welcomes the clarity that comes from these announcements, and are broadly in agreement with the final outcome of this consultation.We thank DECC for listening to the industries concerns relating to the EPC band C proposal, and hope the additional changes being consulted upon will provide some long term certainty and clarity for the industry even if they involve challenging reductions in the FIT rates payable.
We're confident that we can continue to install solar PV at increasing rates under the FIT rates now scheduled to be in place until July, and look forward to the challenge of ensuring the houses we install on meet the band D energy efficiency requirements.We need to fully analyse the new proposals for further scheduled Feed In Tariff reductions and other changes, but our initial analysis indicates that we should be able to cope with them without too many problems.

heres a few errors I spotted
ARE YOU SMOKING SAME STUFF AS THE BARKING MAD

I agree that the long term effort is to bring pv to a stage that is afforable without the fits but PRICES wont drop to that stage by 2015 with the rates of 16p - 7.7p
cuts to fast again in my eyes ... I think the D rating is not a problem but intrest from a customers point will be a BIG problem....

Do you recon we could organise a Q&A conference with Greg and the members of this forum. To be honest we are the true voice of the industry, F88k all those trade associations and QANGOS !

I'm sure it would be civilaised, and atleast we can get clarity from the horses mouth. A consulatation should be a working group which we can have at the same time ! Has anyone got his number ....

I've stuck up a summary of the confirmed FIT changes for solar PV >here< for anyone who's having trouble wading through the documents.

If anyone spots any mistakes, please let me know. Thanks

Gavin did I read elsewhere that you think this puts the industry on a firm footing and that 13.5p is workable? for the life of me I cant see how.

Whatever does the BPVA do to it's members and more importantly how are they able to speak for us the vast majority of the industry that want nothing to do with them :(

D is for disaster for us! Rural, solid wall properties with oil/solid fuel heating - no chance of getting a d rating.

I would be interested to know why DECC has gone for an absolute cut off on the EPC rating - rather than a relative rating compared to the properties potential rating - or an exemption that the minimum EPC rating of D does not apply to properties whose potential rating is E or less.

Some of the reasons are covered in the consultation response doc. And there is more in the 2B consultation doc in regards to EPCs for non-PV FiTs.

I have been asked by a company to instal/register there systems ! £1000 per install (scaffold provided) and they say they will have no problem selling pv as they offer the full service ie heat pumps/solar and thermal! they said i dont need to carry on with mcs as they are getting accredited for solar next month so at £1000 and no come backs i think thats as good as it gets now! so there is hope even at 16p but im glad im not trying to sell it and i wont need to listen to my inspector ANYMORE :)))

Reply to Announcement "later today!" in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net