Discuss Any know what RCBO fits these boards? I need to change the B6 MCB in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
12C4C9C8-3FAC-41D6-9E0C-A0F66C55380E.png

Isn't MEM now part of Eaton?

To my knowledge MEM only produced a two module rcbo for the Memera 2000 however you just need a MEM2 mcb and fit the MR30 rcd pod, as above they are all Eaton now. Eaton will confirm these are compatible.

Last edited:
To my knowledge MEM only produced a two module rcbo for the Memera 2000 however you just need a MEM2 mcb and fit the MR30 rcd pod, as above they are all Eaton now. Eaton will confirm these are compatible.
Yes, you're right. The ones that fit the pod have a piece that unclips where the green/red indicator flag is on the ones in the pic.
The MEM2 MCBs are compatible EXCEPT that the tongues on the busbar might be too wide for the later MCBs.

Memshield 2 fit Memera2000, Memera 2000 do not fit Memshield 2 because the Memera 2000 have narrower busbar tabs. I think that is the correct way around.

Just had a look on the shelves in my store.
I found a yellow MEM MCB and an empty MEM2000 CU. The busbar in the CU has wide tongues, and the bottom clamp on the MCB is wide to suit.
I also found some later, grey, Eaton branded MCBs which are identical in all dimensions to the MEM2000 ones, but without the flag, and have a much narrower lower clamp, which would prevent them fitting the 2000 CU.
They also do not have the removable piece to fit the pod
Couldn't find a MEM2 to give a definitive reply, unfortunately, but there was a grey Bill Talisman MCB, which was the industrial version, but would fit the domestic CUs if you needed a type C or D.
This has the removeable section to fit a RCD pod, and has the wide clamp.

I looked at a mem RCBO earlier in the year, they were over £100 so I fitted a RCD spur instead. I concur that these are two-part doohickeys.

You need an eaton "memshied2" (MEM3 wont fit) mcb and a MR30 RCD pod, sadly (depending on where you get them from) that'll run you the guts of £150-175 for the 2 parts.

(then because of the design of the whole assembly, you can't carry out the RCD tests at the DB as the RCD pod senses the line current after the line terminal)

Tim

Reply to Any know what RCBO fits these boards? I need to change the B6 MCB in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net