Discuss ariston systen boiler in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Was wondering if any of use have done an ariston system boiler s plan
On the site they give you a dot to dot drawingof the splan which is fine

We normally to valliants or worcester.

Just not sure why it asks you to take low voltage into ta1 room stat connection in boiler

Yeah its to be a low voltage stat but according to ariston i could use a honeywell st9400s twin channel clock and a t6360B stat however these dont switch low voltage?

if it needs low voltage control then you either need lv stat or a stat with volt free contacts.

Agreed the Ariston system uses voltage free contactsfor all methods of switching
there is a section on the bord with about 6 multicoloured plugs. attach mains voltage to these at your peril.
not used either if the accessories you refer to, so it is back to manufacturers data for you .

I personally would use an on board timer with a wireless remote stat.
otherwise whatever you use you will need two seperate cables. one for the mains and one for the data.
PITA in my book

Chris

- - - Updated - - -

should have been a full stop after Agreed.
Gutted

Agreed the Ariston system uses voltage free contactsfor all methods of switching
there is a section on the bord with about 6 multicoloured plugs. attach mains voltage to these at your peril.
not used either if the accessories you refer to, so it is back to manufacturers data for you .

I personally would use an on board timer with a wireless remote stat.
otherwise whatever you use you will need two seperate cables. one for the mains and one for the data.
PITA in my book

Chris

- - - Updated - - -

should have been a full stop after Agreed.
Gutted

... and an "a" in "board" but we'll let it go this time. ;)

According to ariston i can use 230v timeclock and stat. And make the switch wire of my room stat go onto brown of valve (the motor) and use the grey and orange wire on zone valves (micro switch) as volt free switching

So when clock set to heating goes through the thermostat onto brown of zone valve and the grey of both zone valves upto ta1

And when set to hot water through cylinder stat onto brown of motor and both oranges upto other side of ta1

Does that sound about right?

Reply to ariston systen boiler in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net