Discuss At the cinema, you learnt anything yet?!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The BBC presenter, could have worn a jacket that fitted him though, he was very good it has to be said, apart from the coat.

Alan Wells, is he the guy that worked with TC on some of the early videos from NICEIC, if yes then they ought to prescribe his monotone voice for Insomnia, if I have the wrong person, sorry Alan.
This is the first time I have seen Alan Wells on one of these you mean Dave Austin I think. Darren looks like he has a new sidekick.

Alan Wells has a good knowledgable way about him, he is able to make it interesting.
I personally think that the whole thing could have been packed with information, some training, viewpoints and technical answers to regularly asked questions, it could have been well edited then recorded and satellited to the cinemas - it didn’t need to be live or ‘entertaining’ - it reminded me of ‘strictly’ and that makes me cringe!

Probably cuz they were scared of answering question, they knew SFA about
I thought there was going to be some question/ idea of adding an Earth rod at each installation, regardless of what type of earth arrangement was being used.
Again I may have my facts wrong, but no mention of that issue, or was I mistaken? It looked to all intents and purposes that the NICEIC guys, were more intent on putting forward their own takes on the new issues, rather than, what the truth of the matter is.
I site the EV issues, padded over not much useful information given, or did they assume that everyone knew the correct way of doing things, which begs the question again, why waste 3 hours of your day, watching those Muppets perform to a script.
It would have been far better if they could have arranged some type of conference call type arrangement, where by dlegates could ask questions, I realise this would be difficult, but surely someone could vet the questions very quickly.
I have attended numerous meetings whereby questions could/have been fielded for later deliberation, not a difficult thing to do, I'm sure NICEIC members and non members, would have appreciated a Forum, whereby they could have had their individual questions answered via an email at a later date, in order to keep the presentation within the allotted time frame, or is that something beyond the NICEIC's limits?

Last edited:
I thought there was going to be some question/ idea of adding an Earth rod at each installation, regardless of what type of earth arrangement was being used, again I may have my facts wrong, but no mention of that issue, or was I mistaken?
I think you are right Pete this was never spoken about.

Reminded me of the Forums you get at the Trade fairs like ELEX as long as it's not to difficult, just bluff your way through, may be the NICEIC should look for a better Front of House team?

Reminded me of the Forums you get at the Trade fairs like ELEX as long as it's not to difficult, just bluff your way through, may be the NICEIC should look for a better Front of House team?

The could have invited questions to be emailed in beforehand.

This is an interesting read and free! Interesting because the NICEIC show changes to the schedule of test results to align with the 18th. Only need to record ×5 for a 30ma rcd and listing the voltage used for IR.
20180704_193048.jpg

Reply to At the cinema, you learnt anything yet?!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net