Discuss battery drills in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
My dewalt battery's have finally died anybody recommend a good alternative and has anybody tried the meatabo range . Any recommendations would be great thinking of dewalt X-R range or meatabo many thanks

good drills are makitas.....
i like the 10.8 v li-ions.....
small , handy and powerful emough for mosyt smaller jobs....the rattler you get in the twin pack is good n all....

I tend to use Makita stuff too, but not exclusively. When I'm buying stuff like that, or visiting the wholesalers generally, I see what's on offer and buy when they're deiscounted. I got a 24v Hitachi SDS when Screwflux had them one offer. The big orange shed usually do some good deals on the Makita stuff too.

nearly got an amada piset conny threader the other day of ov ebay.....£150 includin stand.......
wasn`t quick enough though....someone else got there first...lol
can`t blame em really at that price.....

Which is a good point, there are some cracking bargains on eBay from time to time. It is a bit more of a lottery though, right place and time. Amazon can be good too, but I loose patience with shopping around on the 'net and just buy something when I think it's a good price.

I got one of those Erbauer wall chasers last week from screwfix (£70:00) and I can use the Karcher Vac which Tesco's had on offer with it.

if the drill is still sound why not just replace the batteries?
You can usually get them at a decent price from Ebay

Replace the battery pack on the original drill, there is no need to pay Dewalt prices as quality replacements are available from the link below. I've used this company to supply replacement battery packs for a number of different manufacturers kit (>100 items to date) and always had performance levels equal or better than original.

News | Recell Your Battery

Meatabo stuff is real good, better than some of the more well know stuff.... Milwaukee & Hilti are also quality.... Had no probs with any of the above

The 18 volt Metabo are good mate, I'd say better specced than Dewalt XR range

Everything seems to be going brush less now so its more efficiant, so might be worth hanging on if you are after the latest technology

Makita 18v Lithium Ion for me. Got 4 batteries, combi-drill (two speed) impact driver, sds, grinder, recip saw. However Professional Electrician Magazine had a leaflet in it this month for Metabo I think and their range and prices look really good.

I just bought an 18v Dewalt SDS and 18v Dewalt Angle Drill - cant fault them

Both from FFX - under £500 in total - I just need to get myself a new 18v drill - looking at Dewalt and Makita at the moment.

Reply to battery drills in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net