Discuss bedroom damp in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Newsome3

hi

been ro a job and the customer has mentioned the damp isue on the celing in two of the ceilings and wondered if any ventelation/extracter unit that can aid

any ideas at all

cheers

The customer needs to find the cause of the problem first. Using a heater to dry out the ceiling won't help if the origin is from a leaking roof or a leaky pipe!!

TBO if it is the normal centrally heated, double glazed vacuum that most houses are now, i would just leave a window ajar or on trickle vent.

I live in a 1930's house with sash windows that rattle in the wind. Never get condensation or damp problems!

Reply to bedroom damp in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. Sort of an interesting one. I had a call from a client to say she is getting a shock when using the shower. I told her not to use it and...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Long story short - my Aurora P-One developed the common E031 fault. I carried out the repair myself (ex electronics teacher), replacing...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I posted here some time ago asking for validation of a quote I received for a rewire. (10k assumed 60 points) And got some good advice so...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a job for a customer, the consumer unit is an old 3036 board and there are several holes in it giving access to live parts, I can...
Replies
Views
Well....wiring in a 1750s thatched cottage attic, not wiring made from thatch 🤪 One we have been letting for over 20 years (as well as enjoying...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back