Discuss Best type of lighting in stables in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

it may not need notifying to LABC, but it does need a certificate . BS7671 reg. 610

Getting a bit off subject, but it's not a dwelling, it's a stable, BS7671 only applies to dwellings.
upload_2017-9-27_15-18-40.jpeg

Oh dear, seems like a little bit of knowledge and all that. The stable is in a field. No house on the land. No one lives in the stable, people that is, and it is not regularly occupied. It is therefore not a dwelling. BS7671 applies to dwellings, it says so clearly. If you think I am wrong, I will give you the name and address of my local council building control officer and you can correct him, as he confirmed the fact that BS7671 does not apply, and test and certificate was not required.

Static Zap, read my posts, the installation WILL be tested. I qualified as an electrician in 1965! Haha, still qualified enough to know how to test an installation, 50 years in the trade altogether, with local dno.

More to the point, can you show me where a building that is not a dwelling is covered? Unless it tells me that a non-dwelling is covered I couldn't give a hoot.

BS7671 applies to all electrical installations subject to the exceptions given by any78
have a read of section 705. i believe horses come under the general scope of livestock, even if i prefer them in a plate with chips, mushrooms and a touch of garlic.

Only applies to buildings covered by the regs, such as agricultural buildings that house livestock. I'll go with the planning officer, suits me. My animals are safe, probably safer than if the wiring was done by some of the registered sparks whose work I've seen.

Reply to Best type of lighting in stables in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have three Aurora Fluorescent linkable (linked) under cabinet 'strip' lights (c.21cm each) under the kitchen cabinets and over the sink area...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views
I'm not sure what's going on with my kitchen light. I've replaced an old 28W CFL fitting with a new 4 x LED GU10 fitting (a cheap one from...
Replies
Views
hello all. I am trying to add led strip lights to my boat trailer. I have marine grade submersible lights. I will have them running parallel to...
Replies
Views
We are in the process of renovating our house, and would like to setup led strip-lighting throughout. of the options, this seems most attractive...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock