Currently reading:
Blanks missing from CU in 2 senarios

Discuss Blanks missing from CU in 2 senarios in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

That looks like mine that was deleted. It was meant as tongue in cheek, hence the winky smiley face.

No worries, rib tickling and banter are fine lines to play on the forum, and is a card that is easily overplayed given that your only real knowledge of other members is their name and avatar mst of the time, the worst time to post it does tend to be after a disagreement of position. Playing such a card at the right time is an art in itself given the natural design of forums to mask members identities.
Yes I noted it was probably done more in a jovial context and given your apology I'm sure all is resolved :)

I don't think Dilb is a sensitive soul as you put it, it was just given the little to an fro between you both prior it was just a little misjudged to post it and sensing it could become something more he felt it best to nip it in the bud, I did agree with the position that it can be taken personally giving the previous posts leading to it hence my interjection.

Last edited:
Of course there is debate as there are no guidelines. There is potential to cause harm and of course the style of dist board may affect the decision.

I’m in my kitchen at the moment.
In my kitchen are 2 radiators, a fridge freezer, washing machine, kettle, pedal bin, stainless steel sink, microwave, toaster, 3 door handles some cutlery, amongst other things.
All are conductive and all are exposed to touch.

I can see you having fun with metal CUs.

I’m in my kitchen at the moment.
In my kitchen are 2 radiators, a fridge freezer, washing machine, kettle, pedal bin, stainless steel sink, microwave, toaster, 3 door handles some cutlery, amongst other things.
All are conductive and all are exposed to touch.

I can see you having fun with metal CUs.

Well done. You got me there.

What would you consider a C1?
I think the Code definitions are poorly defined. Code 1 Danger present, what does that actually actually represent. Code 2 Potentially dangerous is clear that there is potential for an incident. An mcb blank missing offers a potential to danger.
So what is Danger present?

I think the Code definitions are poorly defined. Code 1 Danger present, what does that actually actually represent. Code 2 Potentially dangerous is clear that there is potential for an incident. An mcb blank missing offers a potential to danger.
So what is Danger present?

Answer my question first.

Reply to Blanks missing from CU in 2 senarios in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock