Discuss bookc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
whats the best book for all the cable calculations?.
:smart:i would like to have a nice place to refer back to when my grey matter starts to go fuzzy

BS 7671 17th edition. Wait till Jan when the new yellow cover comes out which replaces the green cover.
Use post stick notes on the sections you use most for quick reference

EDIT: I also have an app on my phone which does calcs. But I don't solely depend on this as with any app there are and will be faults. But it is good for quick guidance

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you want to pay for another book when you already have one with all the info on it?
If you don't like carrying the regs around photocopy the page you need or take a pic with your phone and zoom in for detail

handy little book called on site guide. that's got the info in an easy to carry package. you can then leave the full BS7671 levelling the wardrobe after the wet-pants has done the floorboards.

i have both these handy guides:crowngrin: , just thinking is there something else that im missing .i know that it is another expense to pay out for, but if i can get my work to pay for em i thought is there something else could use .

I don't mean to sound like I'm having a pop at you but what exactly do you want? You've already got all the info you need in BGB and OSG? why make things more complicated by having another book? I could understand if it was specifically related to let's say lightning protection or fire alarms etc but your op says cable calcs?

whats the best book for all the cable calculations?.
:smart:i would like to have a nice place to refer back to when my grey matter starts to go fuzzy

This is the fella you're after...
Electrical Installation Design Guide: Calculations for Electricians and Designers (2nd Edition) - IET Electrical

Reply to bookc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net