Discuss Boost Button in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

mhar

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Big long house, some of it used for guests. We are looking for the facility to have a 1 hour boost button for the central heating located somewhere in the guest area.
Obviously I am aware of the boost facility available on many programmers. However customer does not want the guests to be able to control the entire ch & hw system, we just want them to be able to give the heating a 1 hour boost.
Something commercially available would be good, otherwise we would have to go along the route of a retractable switch to trigger a timer module which may have to operate a relay.
Ideas (and solutions!) welcome please

Could be done with an E30 or similar.

Wired in parallel with the programmer:
L & N taken from incoming side of prog,
SW L taken back to outward side of prog.

Could also be taken from the wiring centre if that suits. There might be a neater solution.

Could be done with an E30 or similar.

Wired in parallel with the programmer:
L & N taken from incoming side of prog,
SW L taken back to outward side of prog.

Could also be taken from the wiring centre if that suits. There might be a neater solution.

That's the sort of thing I am after, thanks

Is this a seperate heating zone and how do they controll the tempurature ?
At the moment there are no zones, something that is being addressed in the coming months. This is why we are looking at a simple boost button to fulfil a short term need.

Last edited:

Reply to Boost Button in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net