Discuss Build a Simple 5 volt Charger in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Dear Sir,

I'd build a simple voltage divider charger with 1 Amp diode from 4.8 AC - DC adapter (500 ma - output volatge - 4.15Volt) to charge my two AA battery.

My Battery finished charged was 1.25 (Sony 4600mAh), but it can only be used within half day.

I suspect It may not enough to charge in capactity charged.

Does it required to add low capacitance of Capacitor + 1 Amp diode for quickly release current into my battery.

A dc adapter designed to provide a fixed voltage is not suitable as a battery charger without additional current management.
Ideally you need a multimeter to measure what's happening.
If your adapter was a proper 500mA charger, it would take (very approximately) 10 hours to fully charge discharged batteries.

I suspect your dc adapter may be folding back output voltage, maybe to near zero, because it is seeing a load of greater than 500mA. Without a meter it's difficult to know!

A dc adapter designed to provide a fixed voltage is not suitable as a battery charger without additional current management.
Ideally you need a multimeter to measure what's happening.
If your adapter was a proper 500mA charger, it would take (very approximately) 10 hours to fully charge discharged batteries.

I suspect your dc adapter may be folding back output voltage, maybe to near zero, because it is seeing a load of greater than 500mA. Without a meter it's difficult to know!
ok noted.

Depending on the type of battery ?

You may need constant current, not constant voltage.
There are plenty of simple devices/circuits on the internet.

Reply to Build a Simple 5 volt Charger in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net