Discuss Buried cables and bird baths in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Kyran

-
Reaction score
Hi people.

I have a client that wants the bird bath lit from beneath, with out the light in front of it, which is fine as its sounded by grass. i can just get a ground based uplight, the impact type as they have a ride on lawn mower and i thought it would be advisable. There will be an armoured cable going down the side of the fence that is about 7-10feet from the bird bath that will be the power to it and other lighting. My question is about the cable going from the IP68 light to the armoured cable.

My thoughts are that you would use a ip68 inline joint box joining the lights cable to a rubber cable that is then inserted into one of those tough pvc pips with the other end coming out of the ground up next to the fence and the armoured cable jointing into the armoured cable with another waterproof box.

I know about the 522.8.10 reg that has the grey wording of “Sufficient depth” and having the electric warning tape.

Would this be the best way. other wise would you use more armoured cable, but with what joint box.

You thought would be of help.

what you need is an uplighter with 10' of rubber flex incorporated. bury this in flexible duct as you describe and joint into the SWA with a wiska box above ground on the fence.. both cable entrys in the bottom, correctly glanded.

Reply to Buried cables and bird baths in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster. I have an SWA 3 core armoured cable buried that runs to my back garden. This originally serviced an...
Replies
Views
Hi. Im looking for some advice when calculating submain cables. Basically there is a new connection of 80Amps that is to be used for a dwelling...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Sorry for all the questions. With he help of a friend, I recently installed some insulation into my mother's loft. Whilst adding...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a client who is developing a plot of land for a single house. Currently, their 100 amp service cut-out is in a cubicle fed by...
Replies
Views
Just after some general advice. Been asked to look at a job where a builder/landscaper has already laid cable for some garden lighting.1.5mm 3...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock