Discuss Cable reducing lugs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welchyboy1

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Anyone know where i can get cable reducing lugs so i can terminate a 50mm swa into a 63a switchfuse?

maybe 50mm-25mm with the pin at the end not the actual lug for a bolt

many thanks

Have a look HERE they should have something that will do.

You need to be careful as to which type of terminal you put solid copper into.
Some are made specifically for cores.

Boydy

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look HERE they should have something that will do.

I was a bit concerned the CSA of the pin could be undersized at 7.5mm. But I worked it out to 44.2mm² so I’m not so worried about them now. Pity they don’t offer differing sizes of pin but it looks like you’re stuck with 7.5 for a 50mm² cores.

Would be nice to see a photograph of the switch when you’ve done.

Wish we had them for EE CFS switchgear, the supplied solder thimbles were a pain in the arse.

Reply to Cable reducing lugs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello - I'm looking to help determine how many connections are allowed on my AC disconnect terminal lugs - Eaton DPU22R. I'm not seeing anything...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm new to Amtech/Trimble and I've been asked to review a model. I'm looking at circuits that are SWA cables using the armour and an...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have noticed there are two schools of thought here when running a separate earth with a SWA to a large DB, where is the correct place to...
Replies
Views
9kw deep fryer, a cooker switch, stop working every few months, I found the fryer use thin flex cable (see picture 3), it was burnt, the power...
Replies
Views
I'm obviously still new and learning about what I can and cannot do, but essentially I want to install an EVSE at my own house for an electric...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock