Discuss Cable Size And Amperage It Can Carry in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lordy9099

Hello,

I just bought a LED security light drawing 3.6W and used a 0.75mm cable to run in inside then into a fused switch spur, and a cable from a 1G plug socket next to it to create a spur, will the 0.75mm cable be OK to carry the current? And what fuse will be safe for the fused switch spur?

Thanks

Callum Lord

come off your socket outlet in 2.5mm to adjacent FCU, then fit a 3A fuse, the 0.75mm will be fine. as the 0.75mm is quite small, fit ferrules to the terminations in the FCU.

Can I not come off the socket in 0.75mm because the light is only drawing 3A and 0.75mm is rated at 6A?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Right but OK, I have fitted it today and ran 0.75mm from the ajacent socket at the moment, what shall I do at the moment untill I can grab some 2.5mm cable tomorrow? Will it be OK for the moment?

Thanks

Turn the fused spur off and repair in the morning.

was told on my last nic inspection that the smallest cable you can connect to a fused spur off a ring main is 1.5mm inspector picked me up on it as i had fed 150 w towel rail element through switched spur with 3 amp fuse fitted

Reply to Cable Size And Amperage It Can Carry in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello I have some decking lights which to be fair, have been nothing but pain in the bottom since they were installed. Moisture in the lens lamps...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m going to install a hard wired 230v security camera, incorporating floodlights, outside and above garage door onto brick. An exposed...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
I've a 13a fused spur which is attached to single socket. The fused spur looks like it is used to power 2 security lights. One night the breaker...
Replies
Views
Extremely newbie question here. I'm looking to remove a redundant electric fireplace heater - it's wired into a switched fused spur on the wall...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock