Discuss Calibration Checkbox in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

diditrain

-
Arms
Reaction score
Recently had my multi-function tester calibrated and have been getting my baseline readings against a checkbox.
I have checked continuity on every resistor and all are within specification.
I have also done insulation resistance on every resistor and every one is within tolerance levels, except the 50 meg ohms one. I tested at 500v and the reading was 44.4 meg ohms.
Should i be concerned?

how do you know that the 50Meg. resistor is 50Meg.? also at that sort of value, a bit of moisture in the air can give you a lower reading.

I thin I remember that the checks are recommended monthly by Elecsa, you may have other instructions with the calibration check box, but monthly seems reasonable. Just remember to keep records of your testing so you can identify trends.

Reply to Calibration Checkbox in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all My Fluke tester failed on one test today while having it's annual calibration, the continuity resistance test current. Test Current -...
Replies
Views
I've managed to mainly fix a Megger 1502 MFT that was so far out of calibration it got laughed out of a tester day. I have high current loop. rcd...
Replies
Views
Bit of a long shot on here but does anyone have a circuit diagram for a Chavin Arnoux CA 6545 5kV tester? I've copied my post on EEVBLOG forum...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Hi there : I am just posting to introduce myself, stop lurking (!) and to thank the many sparks who so freely share their expertise on this great...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock