Discuss Can i do C&G LEVEL 3 because i have alot of experience or start from scratch??? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am stuck in a rut!!! I am ex army and when i left i did a quick training course that saw me qualify has a domestic installer in about 5 months!!!
The only thing is, is that ive been doing it for a while now and im finding it harder to get jobs with just 2391, eal vrq level 2 and 17th. I have been a niceic qualified supervisor and have done mostly all commercial installations and maintainance.
Does anybody know if i could jump straight into C&G level 3 then NVQ level 3 having that i have alot of experience or do i have to start from scratch yet again??? As i find if i do i think the first 2 years will bore me to death with things i already know!!!

you can do the NVQ3 without the C&G i believe, but they will have loads of underpinning knowledge questions that you will have to answer.

Im not sure whether you can get JIB grading without C&G though. my guess would be no. good luck lads.

John

I am stuck in a rut!!! I am ex army and when i left i did a quick training course that saw me qualify has a domestic installer in about 5 months!!!
The only thing is, is that ive been doing it for a while now and im finding it harder to get jobs with just 2391, eal vrq level 2 and 17th. I have been a niceic qualified supervisor and have done mostly all commercial installations and maintainance.
Does anybody know if i could jump straight into C&G level 3 then NVQ level 3 having that i have alot of experience or do i have to start from scratch yet again??? As i find if i do i think the first 2 years will bore me to death with things i already know!!!

Mate, its so hard to say with the chicken JIBlets. Best thing that you can do do is call them and explain that you are ex-kate, give 'em a run down of your qualifications and experience and see what they have to say. They'll usually alright with ex-mob. So give 'em a bell. However, MAKESURE that you ask for someone more qualified than the bloody receptionist. Good Luck, and keep us informed as there are a few blokes on here in the same situation.

Cheers chris, just had a look, looks like i could do it as long has i have an interview first and explain my circumstances and experience!!!
but john boy seems rite about the JIB grading!!! the price is £750.00 with ableskills so im gona see what my local college says about it!!!
Cheers guys!!! You`ve all helped loads, i can now sleep at night with the knowledge its possible to get without C&G!!!!

Reply to Can i do C&G LEVEL 3 because i have alot of experience or start from scratch??? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net