Discuss CCTV cameras in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

I bought a load of gear from system q for missus' mums house, its good but the picture is a little fuzzy and you can't really see detail, she's happy with it but i'm not as i was expecting more. System q say its not the cameras its because the information is compressed by the dvr so loses quality, i don't know if all dvr's are like that?

- - - Updated - - -

Where did you get that gear from Mike?

I have a friend who runs a security firm M8, he gets the kit and I just helped him and one of his guys with one of my guys to get all the wiring in, really pleased with it, I can look at my house from my iphone app anywhere in the world.

I have a friend who runs a security firm M8, he gets the kit and I just helped him and one of his guys with one of my guys to get all the wiring in, really pleased with it, I can look at my house from my iphone app anywhere in the world.
Thats pretty cool, i could do with that to look at my place when i'm at my missus house, any idea what make it all is?

system Q is okay.

we often use a company called Videcon. expensive, but good quality gear.

most recently been trying out technomate CCTV.

DVR's are great, cameras are brilliant and its all dirt cheap compared to other companys. so far, theres no catch. no faulty cams as compared to other makes as suggested above

whatever you decide to get, forget Wireless IMO, total pants and complete Cr*p, a waste of money, I have a full system in my home with colour cameras and a 3 month hard drive recorder, all installed for under a grand, you can access it via your Iphone and Ipad from an app, worth doing the job right IMO, forget the wireless rubbish.

I've got exactly the same... 4 Qvis E37 vandal resistant dome cameras, Qvis 2TB hard drive recorder gives about 40 days continuous recording and GDSS app for the Android phone so I can 'dial in' from anywhere I have a signal. Great clarity on the home recording but less so on the mobile access, as the recorder is set to a lower quality on the second channel.

Have a look around the cctv forum before you make your mind up CCTV Forum - CCTV Video Surveillance Discussion Forum

I've got exactly the same... 4 Qvis E37 vandal resistant dome cameras, Qvis 2TB hard drive recorder gives about 40 days continuous recording and GDSS app for the Android phone so I can 'dial in' from anywhere I have a signal. Great clarity on the home recording but less so on the mobile access, as the recorder is set to a lower quality on the second channel.

Have a look around the cctv forum before you make your mind up CCTV Forum - CCTV Video Surveillance Discussion Forum

just picked this back up, I watch my house on my Ipad and Iphone through the alien dvr app, the picture is actually fantastic, almost HD quality, the picture on the lap top through the IP addres acount is poor but good on the 27" monitor on my office pc, and superb on my HD tv, I still haven't looked at what make I have yet but it sounds similar to what you have mentioned.

just picked this back up, I watch my house on my Ipad and Iphone through the alien dvr app, the picture is actually fantastic, almost HD quality, the picture on the lap top through the IP addres acount is poor but good on the 27" monitor on my office pc, and superb on my HD tv, I still haven't looked at what make I have yet but it sounds similar to what you have mentioned.
I've upgraded from the Alien DVR to the Qvis DVR.... excellent upgrade and well worth the money in my opinion

Reply to CCTV cameras in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net