Discuss cctv system needed , only need 2 cameras, AND HARD DRIVE THAT RECORDS FOR 2 WEEKS in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chopper

Can anyone reccomend to me, iv never fitted one but heard theres not much to them, is it just a plug in job or do cables need terminating ? Any help be good cheers

Can anyone reccomend to me, iv never fitted one but heard theres not much to them, is it just a plug in job or do cables need terminating ? Any help be good cheers

I fitted one recently which had 2 cameras and a PVR with a huge disc. The supplier offered preterminated cables or "kits" - I persuaded the client to agree to the preterminated and they agreed - the premium was small.

Beware that what the instructions didn't say, was that by each camera you need to mount an IP box to enclose the connection!

check out electric center for camera kits

Just bought a Swann kit from Makro, the same as this one in SWANN SECURITY|SWDVK-412004-UK|SWANN SECURITY DVR H264 500GB | CPC for £199+VAT, all cabled up, 18m of cable per camera, 9m range in dark but better if you have addition security lighting. Just used a stand alone pc monitor to plug into the DVR to set up and display each picture. Just to plug everything in and set up on the bench to test it took about 5 minutes, another 10-15 minutes to get used to the software and it has it's own mouse to tinker about with things. Picture quality probably isn't the best but there are better cameras available with better resolution and night vision range. There's nothing to terminate just fixing the camera brackets and cables to wall/trunking/cladding or whatever.

Probably ideal for a typical domestic installation but if you're looking at a bigger industrial set up then look at the higher spec systems but there are plenty out there that are pre-wired in kit form.

cheers santiago, ill take a look at that, old lady what jobs for thinks her neighbour is coming round and killing her plants so wants some cameras so just needs someting basic, can u run them to any moniter, r does it have to be a moniter for cctv

thanks to everyone else aswell, do the connections have to be in an adaptabe box then what is ip rated, why is this are they jack plugs on cameras pre wired and female on the cable , where a box will be needed to seal connection

They seem a bit on the pricey side, I tend to use CCTV Direct, Dynamic, Falcon Electrical Leeds, when I'm asked to do CCTV. The trouble is now, there's too many jumped on the wagon wth CCTV like thet did with intruder alarms. And when Makro and the like start selling it, its allmost over for the smaller installs. The amount of time I used to get calls to install a CCTV or intruder system that somebody had bought from B&Q were unbeleivable.

Reply to cctv system needed , only need 2 cameras, AND HARD DRIVE THAT RECORDS FOR 2 WEEKS in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net