Discuss Certified Electrician wanted on the Wirral in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

richardu

I require an Electrician to re-certfy a job in Moreton on the Wirral. The job is a garage conversion to a utility room. All the work has been completed. I had one guy let me down. So looking for someone local to do it again for me.

Why cant the original spark who did the install do it?

All any electrician would be able to do now is a Electrical Installation Condition Report and not a Electricial Installation Certificate

He did it 6 months ago and has not given me the report, I think I got done, he got three hundred quids work of work out of me, by saying the original fuse box had to be updated in the house. Then didn't hear from him again.. So I'm looking for someone local to certify it all for me.

I'm not interested in hurting the guys feelings I just need it for my insurance, plus I did all the work, I just need it signing off. Its all good.

Following on from the other thread, did you check whether your original electrician was affiliated to one of the government approved competent persons schemes ?

No I'm trying to find that out, He was referred to me by a contact. He said he was, but I had no joy getting the certificates.

If you find out that he is/was with a scheme at the time of install, then it would be worth a call to that scheme to register your displeasure and request a suggested way forward. It will probably amount to whistling at the wind but you should try anyway.

Reply to Certified Electrician wanted on the Wirral in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

If someone made a request to you, to install a new double socket that would be supplying power to a tumble dryer along a circuit that does not go...
Replies
Views
I'm unsure if I should be an electrician or maybe another trade is better. I have basically completed my first year of a foundation in...
Replies
Views
So I have tried applying to every electrician mate/improver jobs there is on every job websites and I got a few calls saying that they want guys...
Replies
Views
I have recently completed my HNC in electrical engineering at college and I am looking to get a job as an electricians mate. what do I need to...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock