Discuss Cheap as chips in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bigdavs83

So was trawling the Screwfix website checking out 45amp double pole switches for a new shower circuit I first fixed this evening. Seen a marbo effort for £1.55!! Can only imagine this falls apart at the thought of the screw being tightened onto a 10mm cable! Anybody used these before?!

So was trawling the Screwfix website checking out 45amp double pole switches for a new shower circuit I first fixed this evening. Seen a marbo effort for £1.55!! Can only imagine this falls apart at the thought of the screw being tightened onto a 10mm cable! Anybody used these before?!
No....

Never once entered my mind to use anything this cheap. The whole house is fitted with Crabtree so I'll keep it as spec. Was just wondering if anybody had used them?

I was given a Marbo cooker outlet once by a customer who had been shopping unsupervised. I'd have been better off making the terminals myself out of chip fat, butter and a couple of hollowed out cats.
Truly dreadful stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a couple of these for stock from a local Screwfix at under £3.
Crabtree 45A 2-Gang Switch & Neon | Switches & Sockets | NoLinkingToThis

They're on stock clearance, so pot luck as to whether there are any left in your local branch.

Don't look anything like Crabtree either!

Thanks handysparks I did see that some of the Crabtree was reduced. Definitely worth grabbing a couple for stock

Find the tall 45A switches the most obtuse looking of things. Would either fit a 1G 45A DP Switch or a 45A DP Switch with a Socket Outlet (not for a shower mind, although that could be novel item!).

Although the 2 gang 45a switch is handy for the 2 10mm cables it does look out of place in the upstairs hall. This one didn't have much room next to the light switch so I'm fitting one of the dual dry lining boxes so it will be a single 45a effort. Should be fun! Still better than fitting a pullcord

that'll teach you not to fit the switch under the water. bloody plumbers!. LOL.

Reply to Cheap as chips in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net