Discuss Christmas Food Treats in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Paul.M

-
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
Certain foods/treats are only available on the run up to Christmas. Things that we dont normally buy in our weekly shop, what stuff do you like to eat?

I'm tucking into a Stan pie (large pork pie) with some Branston pickle. Only seem to buy one at Xmas time although they are available all year round?

Certain foods/treats are only available on the run up to Christmas. Things that we dont normally buy in our weekly shop, what stuff do you like to eat?

I'm tucking into a Stan pie (large pork pie) with some Branston pickle. Only seem to buy one at Xmas time although they are available all year round?

We'll have a baked ham. But hams are available all year too.

LOL just happened to have this pic of my gammon from last year.
IMG_1355.JPG

I know available all year round, but we only eat at Christmas. Sprouts, love them, could eat a plate of them, not sure why we only have at Christmas.

Lol, I meant not sure why we (as in me and wife) only buy them at Christmas, pretty sure they are available at other times but we never bother even though we both like them.
We buy them when they're available but only the button (small) ones as we find they taste the nicest, we even have them with a curry as it seems to compliment the dish.

For me it's all about Boxing day breakfast in bed which consists of a bottle of baileys and a box of thorntons continental choccies :)

For me it's all about Boxing day breakfast in bed which consists of a bottle of baileys and a box of thorntons continental choccies :)

LOL I'm NI born n rared, it used to be about boxing day for me - primarily cos of the footy, and the fact the pubs were open.

Cold Ham, Turkey, some Salad, pickles, Branston and some cold beer, followed by a humongous slug of good Malt

Pigs in Blankets are a treat as well, as is Mince pies, chestnuts, cherry brandy, cheese boards, christmas pudding, we usually have a selection of cold meats on Boxing day as well which is also nice.

Love pigs in blankets ! Ill try and make this one of the years I dont forget them and leave them in the freezer. Lol. I have a 50/50 chance.

The Christmas curry!!! Cook one yourself from left overs or go out for one. Birthday tomorrow so a few friends going out tonight for a "ruby + drinks." Booked the day off work (going xmas shopping.... boring).

Honey roasted cashew nuts, that is another thing I seem to get only at Xmas time?

Actually cracking nuts is another treat, walnuts for example, never usually eat nuts from the shell, peanuts in bags yes but actually cracking nuts, only at Christmas.

Picking up on Pauls post earlier regarding the Christmas curry, a very good shout, sticking cooked turkey or beef into a nice curry sauce is lovely for sure, another good idea for the meat though is a nice pie, whack a load of meat and sprouts/ potatoes etc into a dish and cover with some puff pastry, goes lovely with some home made chips and crustry bread.

I like that you can buy frozen party food at Christmas - breaded jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese, mini quiches, cocktail sausage rolls, chicken skewers... I'll have a plate of that for my dinner.

And Sherry. Of course you can buy it all year round, but drinking it on any day other than Christmas day just feels wrong somehow.

Reply to Christmas Food Treats in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net