Discuss CityElectricSupply.com Reviews And Feedback in the The Electrical Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

CityElectricalSupply.com (CES) are an electrical supplier across the United States with over 550 branches coast to coast.​

ces.jpg

Here in the UK we know them as CEF - a familiar name in the trade. With plenty of stores and fast shipping they can get your orders fulfilled quickly so you can spend your time on your job.​

CEF and CES are experts in the business of supplying electrical tools, parts, wiring and more. They have got over 1000000 items in stock. They care about their customers and family values are a key part of their ethos keeping local people in branches There is not much they don't know in the wholesale and contractor world. But, they also can supply the home DIYer making home improvements.

With a network of branches and warehouses across the USA, it is likely that you've used them to get your supplies from. They provide pretty much any item you can think of at a reasonable price. If you want to get in touch with CES you can do by calling 1-866-634-9853 or you can email them by clicking here.

store_inside.jpg

To make things even easier CES have an app for smartphones which is available on Android and iPhones. You can find your nearest branch, place orders and the app even has electrical calculators and charts to help you complete your jobs.

What are your experiences of using CES? How have you found their service? Let us know in the comments below!

In dealing with CEF as UK Electrical Forum sponsors some years back, for quite a few years, they were great. Then is it Yess that is the brother that fell out with the other or something? (Correct me and I'll edit this post I may be wrong). But apparently they weren't the cheapest of suppliers in the end.

As with most wholesalers it can be branch dependent.
My experience of CEF was not good.
Poor pricing, poor customer service, own brand products very low quality.
Invoices had to be double checked for massively over priced stuff.

Yesss are much better at customer service and pricing.
The same issues with low quality own branded gear although this is usually reflected in the price.

Fair comments matey. BTW these aren't sponsoring us or anything we're just testing some things out.

Here they are known as Check Everything First.

Yesterday -as an account customer - I went to buy a Proteus RCD for an existing consumer unit (not one I installed) and was charged the book price (they have a Screwfix style catalouge)

The catalouge price is the Jo Public price, yet they have no unease in charging this to account clients.
For this reason CEF is now a 'needs must' wholesaler, not a use all the time one.

They are even dearer than Screwfix for some stuff

I had one client who has had an account with his local CEF open an account at Rexel after he got a quote for Aico smoke alarms

The chase to be a screwfix is to impress their venture capitalists I guess. 550 branches is impressive. Did it start in the UK then or start in the USA and somehow cross the pond?

The last time I dealt with CEF about 35 years ago the branch manager nearly left the branch via the rather large front window after he slagged off my company and was rather insulting to me went back to the office and told my business partner at the time that we would no longer buy anything from them even if they were the only wholesaler that sold what we needed

35 years ago, a unicorn if it started here back then and ended up expanding into the USA!

I like the stools round the counter in the inside photo - if anyone else is being served, it implies you are going to have to wait a while. Last time I was in CEF, there was some joker thinking aloud very slowly what he might need for a job item by item, only one person serving, someone else waiting, I just walked out again. I guess if you are being paid while you wait you don't care how much time you waste.

Reply to CityElectricSupply.com Reviews And Feedback in the The Electrical Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net